Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aygo Side Mouldings

LISAJJ

I have just purchased a Toyota Aygo x play and considering purchasing the door side mouldings for protection against people hitting the car with their car doors on car parks 😬.  Has anyone had them fitted? If so how effective they are please? Dealer ship wants £60 for fitting them! Thanks in advance. 

We have the side mouldings on our 2016 Aygo, but these are different to the post facelift ones, which are attached to the bottom of the door - see picture.

A lot of car manufacturers are fitting these lower on the doors now - our i20s are the similar.

Bear in mind the dealer's fitting cost is on!y about 1 hour labour, so I would say a minimal charge.

1-toyota-aygo-x-trend-electro-grey-exterior-dynamic-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LISAJJ said:

I have just purchased a Toyota Aygo x play and considering purchasing the door side mouldings for protection against people hitting the car with their car doors on car parks 😬.  Has anyone had them fitted? If so how effective they are please? Dealer ship wants £60 for fitting them! Thanks in advance. 

Have a look on eBay or Amazon, lots of protection stuff for doors and corners of cars. Sick on, just make sure area is dry, clean, free from polish.

I just put black carbon fibre lookalike strips on the area that gets kicked by heels on exit and entry to cars. I did the wife’s car first, perfected the skill and then did mine.  😄

• Thanks 1

Be aware the dealer ones are just for show and are more akin to hair-highlights - They offer pretty much no damage protection.

You can probably get third-party ones that are more suitable tho'.

• Thanks 1

The pre-facelift mouldings may be more effective - see below. These are what we have on our 2016 Aygo. Living in a city, we wouldn't have a car without side mouldings, but that is our choice.

s-l300.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I put the genuine Toyota side mouldings on my daughter's Aygo and while I was at it, I put on the genuine Toyota mouldings on the four corners of the bumpers 👍

PXL_20210715_103713684.jpg

PXL_20210307_112415474.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links