Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Cover Issue

KSQ

Hello,

My 2017 Prius' boot cover clip has broken. I have previously superglued it back on twice, but rough handling by the family has caused it to break again. I don't need a complete new boot cover as that is ok, just a new set of clips would be good. Is there anywhere I can source them directly as my garage quoted me over £500 for a whole new cover, which I don't really need?

Many thanks.

Khurram.

boot1.jpg

boot2.jpg

5 hours ago, KSQ said:

Hello,

My 2017 Prius' boot cover clip has broken. I have previously superglued it back on twice, but rough handling by the family has caused it to break again. I don't need a complete new boot cover as that is ok, just a new set of clips would be good. Is there anywhere I can source them directly as my garage quoted me over £500 for a whole new cover, which I don't really need?

Many thanks.

Khurram.

boot1.jpg

boot2.jpg

If you can’t get a replacement clip, try repairing it with Araldite, which I reckon will give you a better bond than using super glue which I personally don’t think is appropriate for this kind of repair. Give the Araldite time to form a good bond & try to be as neat as possible because from experience using Araldite can be messy if you know what I mean! 

• Like 2

I recently bought some stuff called Bondic. Basically it's a plastic rather than a glue. It is liquid until you harden it with a LED light

I have used this to repair loads of stuff. With some patience, you should be able to build up the area and save the clip. It's expensive for what you get, but in my opinion, it's worth it.

BTW - I have no connection with them, It's just a product I use.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 6:08 PM, BhxTrev said:

If you can’t get a replacement clip, try repairing it with Araldite, which I reckon will give you a better bond than using super glue ....

My old Mini (in the 70s) was held together with Araldite.  Takes a while to cure but it fills gaps and can be sculpted. Also stands up to heat, UV, rain, frost, salt, etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links