Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav query

daninplymouth

Hi, always thought the sat nav in the corolla was pretty good but had to use it for my first 200mile trip this weekend and had a wobble both ways. First time took me off the main A road through some horrible little villages before rejoining the same rd 10miles away. Then on the way home I was supposed to turn left leaving the town I was in but had to get fuel and knew there was a station 500yards up the road, so I drove and filled up then heading back down the road rather than direct me off to the right as originally planned it told me to go left. Anyway not knowing the area well I followed it thinking it knows best but it then proceeded to guide me round the outskirts of central London wasting an hour when I was originally about 2miles from the motorway 

wife laughs at the sat nav if i use it to somewhere i go often and it tells me to turn around etc. because i go a better  shorter way , however i think the 22 version is better than the one in my 2020 design .although it seems to keep you on ring roads and thus often the long way round to your` destination.

Hi,  I did a trip with the new navigation system the other day,  my22 system, it appears to default to the shortest route but there is no option to select fastest route or stay on main roads. It tried to take me down narrow lanes away from A roads the previous system would've used,  I wonder if this product is unfinished, I didn't get speed camera warnings either. 

At this rate,  I'll be to use navigation in Android Auto but that loses the head up display navigation info so not really ideal 

I can't find the share to car feature either,  I thought I'd try to set my route that way,  but I haven't got it. 

Should I have a separate multimedia handbook? It only came with a section in the main handbook

There is indeed a 270 or so page separate navigation / multimedia handbook for the new Smart Connect infotainment system.

If you log in to My T via a PC it should allow you to view / download the manual.

I've got a copy of it at home on my laptop.

36 minutes ago, simond64 said:

Hi,  I did a trip with the new navigation system the other day,  my22 system, it appears to default to the shortest route but there is no option to select fastest route or stay on main roads.

When the route calculation is completed you get three choices. Fastest, shortest and most economical.

It tried to take me down narrow lanes away from A roads the previous system would've used,  I wonder if this product is unfinished, I didn't get speed camera warnings either.

The navigation software is fine. The graphics are bit naff but it works well enough and has done since I bought my car in 2019. Speed camera warnings can be disabled by the less than obvious 'turn off beep' option in the settings, so perhaps yours has already been configured. They do occasionally not beep when expected but I've never cared enough to investigate why. I pay attention and stick to the speed limit so the location of speed cameras is of no interest to me 😉

I can't find the share to car feature either,  I thought I'd try to set my route that way,  but I haven't got it. 

Ah now there you do have a valid point. The option is on the My T app but only works if the car has a wifi connection (or possibly the phone has to have one). Either way the end result is that it rarely works which is not ideal I agree.

Should I have a separate multimedia handbook? It only came with a section in the main handbook

Yes, there's a separate manual for it. I never got a hardcopy and had to download them. Still - that saves a few trees and is fine by me 🙂

I'll go and download it, that's partly why I'm struggling

3 hours ago, AndrueC said:

The navigation software is fine. The graphics are bit naff but it works well enough and has done since I bought my car in 2019. Speed camera warnings can be disabled by the less than obvious 'turn off beep' option in the settings, so perhaps yours has already been configured. They do occasionally not beep when expected but I've never cared enough to investigate why. I pay attention and stick to the speed limit so the location of speed cameras is of no interest to me 😉

I was OK with the 2019 version, this is the 2022 new version hardware, only out since about Feb, its different, much faster, I was just missing the manual which others  said is downloadable

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simond64 said:

I was OK with the 2019 version, this is the 2022 new version hardware, only out since about Feb, its different, much faster, I was just missing the manual which others  said is downloadable

Oh, I didn't realise it had changed. I wonder why they bothered given that most of us will probably switch to Android Auto/Apple Carplay?

6 hours ago, AndrueC said:

The new hardware is faster,  yes u can opt for android or Apple, but I use the car satnav while music is on android. I think the new software gets updated over the air when the old didn't

I have a reply from Toyota UK, they say the send to car feature will be available in Q3. No wonder I couldn't find it. 

The navigation they say also uses the best route or determines, you can set avoid certain type of road but no fastest, scenic,  eco as in previous system, however,  I have found a fastest option.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 1:31 PM, simond64 said:

Hi,  I did a trip with the new navigation system the other day,  my22 system, it appears to default to the shortest route but there is no option to select fastest route or stay on main roads. It tried to take me down narrow lanes away from A roads the previous system would've used,  I wonder if this product is unfinished, I didn't get speed camera warnings either. 

At this rate,  I'll be to use navigation in Android Auto but that loses the head up display navigation info so not really ideal 

Glad it's not just me that's not found the share to car feature, I didn't read anything that said it wasn't currently available so that's good to know. I downloaded the separate Multi media manual that helps. The heads up display links really well with the Nav and it's a great feature. Hopefully future updates will tweak any glitches .