Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem with electric lift chair (2006 Estima)

Mister Mister

Hi folks. We have a 2006 Estima with a factory-optioned electric lift chair on the passenger side middle-row of seats. We recently had to replace a flat Battery, and since then we've had the unfortunate side-effect of the lift chair constantly beeping at us. The beeping happens constantly, whether the car is turned on or off, and locked or unlocked. The only time the beeping stops is when the passenger side electric sliding door is fully opened. Another related issue is that 2 or the 3 electric switches to move the chair are suddenly non-responsive.

I've tried looking around for info on these chairs but there's so little information online. Does anyone know their way around these things and have any guesses as to what might be causing the issue?

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

I’m afraid I don’t have a solution for you, but think the chair, like electric windows, needs to be reset. Search ‘Wellcab’.

I would suggest extending it to its fullest extent a couple of times.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi. Just had the exact same issue on Alphard 2005. Replaced Battery and constant beeping, backrest still worked, but no go with slide out and back/forward of chair. Found an old post on facebook for Brisbane wheelchair lifters who used to service repair and parts for the electric lift chairs. Sean knew exactly what was wrong and gave great advice to try rectify. First try and hold the up slide in button with the slide in chair button. push and hold for up to 15 seconds. the unit will start beeping, then test the slide out button and remote if have.  Fixed the problem for me.  You may have also had issues with the power windows. You may need to lower and raise all windows off each door then test the main buttons on the drivers armrest.  They are caused by the security system not recognising the reset settings in the units.  There are also a couple of other things to try if not, but may require an autoelec to unplug the control module.  Hope this helps, if not contact Sean from Brisbane wheelchair lifters on facebook, wealth of knowledge with these units.

• Like 1