Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil loss

Shez

Hi guys. I have a 61 plate Verso-S. I've had it approximately 18 months and love the car. However, in the last month or so, I've noticed I'm losing a lot of oil. To the point I'm topping up a litre once a week. I've checked underneath the car for any leaks and seeing if there are any leaks around the engine itself but everything is completely dry. Getting slightly worried and want to know what the possible causes(es) could be. 

4 hours ago, Shez said:

Hi guys. I have a 61 plate Verso-S. I've had it approximately 18 months and love the car. However, in the last month or so, I've noticed I'm losing a lot of oil. To the point I'm topping up a litre once a week. I've checked underneath the car for any leaks and seeing if there are any leaks around the engine itself but everything is completely dry. Getting slightly worried and want to know what the possible causes(es) could be. 

You don't mention the miles you do in a week but if you your car is burning a litre a week I would expect to clearly see some evidence of smoke behind the vehicle.

I had an old Vauxhall Carlton many years ago and had a similar problem and expected a big bill but it turned out to be a faulty oil pressure sponsor that only leaked when the car was running and, as the sensor was in the air stream under the car, there was little sign of the problem when the car was stationary.  I am not suggesting that this is the problem with your car just suggesting leaks are possible without massive signs of such. 

I do about 300 miles a week, give or take. Can't see any blue smoke or anything.