Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sold out!

Flatcoat

According to report on Autocar the entire UK allocation has sold out with no more cars to come! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flatcoat said:

According to report on Autocar the entire UK allocation has sold out with no more cars to come! 

Same as Yaris GR, people wants real motor but these days they are rare to find, all manufacturers are now offered microwaves ovens instead 🪫🔌

You can order the yaris GR, but you won't get it until 2024/25 - these are making big power as well, around 470bhp before the head gaskets fail or the valves float,

I'm sure they will release more allocation next spring for the 86 if they can get it under the new euro emissions/safety standard for 2024/25

The funny thing is they can't sell too many as it'll push them over the CO2 threshold - Part of the reason they can do this while other manufacturers can't is IIRC they are one of only a handful of manufacturers who have met their CO2 targets - Everyone else is just sucking up the fines or 'off-setting' their CO2 emissions with e.g. Tesla (Which IMHO is so BS and makes a mockery of the whole thing, showing that yet again it's nothing to do with the environment and all to do with money)

• Like 3

Completely agree about Tesla, look at the profit per car, 25%…..

4 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

I wonder how many were sold - a few hundred, maybe? This morning, Pistonheads quoted from a Toyota statement that it'd sold out in 40 minutes, though I've also seen 90 minutes quoted. 

Either way, it's evidence that it's a winning formula. I'd read that it was incoming new crash regs that meant it was always going to have a short UK production run. 

• Like 1

The production run for Europe was 2 years max. I wouldn’t hold my breath there will be anymore allocated for the Uk. 

• Like 1

I wonder how many where bought / ordered by scalpers?

Similar to PS5 & X-BOX S/X supply issues. 

• Like 1

Sadly that could well be the case but it only works for the scalpers if buyers are stupid enough to pay the highly inflated prices.  If the scalpers were left with the odd car or a mountain of game consoles they would soon give it up. 

• Like 2

Can’t even buy a BRZ either, as that is only available in the US!

On 4/21/2022 at 6:57 PM, CarlosTheJackal said:

I wonder how many were sold - a few hundred, maybe? This morning, Pistonheads quoted from a Toyota statement that it'd sold out in 40 minutes, though I've also seen 90 minutes quoted. 

Either way, it's evidence that it's a winning formula. I'd read that it was incoming new crash regs that meant it was always going to have a short UK production run. 

It’s thought to be in the region of 400 for 2022 but Toyota won’t confirm numbers. There should be another allocation for 2023 but again no idea how many or when. 

It’s new EU safety regulations which are causing the GR86 to be dropped from the end of 2023. 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2022 at 2:57 PM, AndyRC said:

It’s thought to be in the region of 400 for 2022 but Toyota won’t confirm numbers. There should be another allocation for 2023 but again no idea how many or when. 

Yeah, I spoke to my local dealer and they said 400 were available this year and sold out in 22 mins!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope it's to people who will actually drive them and not scalpers and collectors...!

I have no problem with collectors. Scalpers however, ...

It’s all very unclear at the moment if the 400 is 2022 or included the 2023 allocation. Some people have been told that 400 is the total for the U.K. and there won’t be anymore at all. There are 1000 on a wait list which is now closed. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

It’s now looking like the total U.K. allocation for the U.K. is around 430 cars with deliveries between Q3 2022 and Q1/2 2024. 

• 9 months later...
Some time ago, I received a letter from Toyota saying that more models may come to the UK, do I want to go on the waiting list, so I signed up.  I have just received an email saying “Based on your position on the waitlist we won't be inviting you to request a GR86 at this time, but within the next few months we'll let you know if there's a chance for you to make a purchase.”.

This all looks genuine, but I’m not so sure, anyone else received an invitation?

• Like 2

On 6/9/2023 at 7:46 AM, olddriver said:
This all looks genuine, but I’m not so sure, anyone else received an invitation?

Yes - I received the same message.

• Like 1

I read an article saying there's a new allocation coming to the UK :yahoo: 

Alas they're prioritising people that registered for the previous allotment but missed out, so I wouldn't fancy the chances unless you were on that list!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, they are working through the waiting list now. You only have three days to put down a deposit from the day you get the notification from Toyota.  I doubt there will be enough cars for everyone on the list.

EDIT: I should also have mentioned that the GR86 list is now closed. Toyota refers those interested in all things GR to sign up here.

• Like 1

Can anyone who has bought one, please explain in detail how to pay the balance, Toyota and my dealer (who’s only involvement, to be fair, is the handover of the vehicle) are not very helpful.  I don’t have a smart phone or access to my maim bank account online, however I do have access online to an account that I hardly use.and being an old fogey, I am not keen on paying all that money over the internet.

There's no limit I believe on a debit card payment, although the last massive one I did, some years ago now, for £12K I had to ring the bank beforehand to tell them not to worry about it.

So you could transfer the sum to you debit card account and use that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Debit card is the easiest way for sure; You used to be able to write a cheque but I don't think they accept them now. Bank transfer was also an option but is a hassle.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Surprised to see my name come up on the waiting list after almost 18 months, I had given up. I have paid my £1000 deposit, so just waiting to see if I am successful or not 🫣

• Like 3