Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app again

ernieb

Just been looking at the Hybrid Coaching section of the MyT app and there is no data for the whole of the month of March, April has data and the months before. I’ve reported to the MyT app support via the app.

• Like 1

That sounds very odd. I've looked at mine and I have data for March (albeit only for short journeys so it's not that meaningful!)

I wouldn't hold your breath on the response to feedback. I've just had a very frustrating response from them on the curtailed journeys. They kindly informed me not to worry because the 2000 event limit is no longer present in the MY22 models! Great news!

I'm beginning to lose faith in the MyT app and ready to just give up on it. You hit the nail on the head in your other post, that if they wanted to charge for it, it would have to be a lot better than it is.

Perhaps it means, Nigel, that they are going to change your ‘21 model for a ‘22 so as you can track all your journeys correctly, all free of charge.

It is a bit of a pain and I feel frustrated with what’s being offered. I recently posted that I’d been given tickets to a release event by Subaru for the Solterra, their version of the BZ4x and they talked the control that would be offered with the Subaru app which included lots of things additional to what the PHEV currently has, door opening, check doors and windows etc., I should have mentions that in the posting I made under the BZ4x. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ernieb said:

Perhaps it means, Nigel, that they are going to change your ‘21 model for a ‘22 so as you can track all your journeys correctly, all free of charge.

That's a good point, never thought about that. I'll propose it to them 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, nlee said:

That's a good point, never thought about that. I'll propose it to them 🤣🤣

Well If you manage to achieve that I’ll come to watch walk on water! 😇

• Haha 1

That explains that the YC, MY21, will still have the 2,000 limit.  One wonders if the issue was addressed as a result of complaints. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

That explains that the YC, MY21, will still have the 2,000 limit.  One wonders if the issue was addressed as a result of complaints. 

You'd really think this issue was software related not hardware......why on earth can't they fix it for all? Even if firmware, they could fix via update.

• Like 1

Hayzee, may be, but it might be a hard limit on cache size etc.  Look at Dashcam limits that are storage limited before overwriting. 

Stopping data collection at 2,000 events might instead have been an overwriting process. 

You could even argue for that being better so that the data before the crash is recorded. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ernieb said:

It is a bit of a pain and I feel frustrated with what’s being offered. I recently posted that I’d been given tickets to a release event by Subaru for the Solterra, their version of the BZ4x and they talked the control that would be offered with the Subaru app which included lots of things additional to what the PHEV currently has, door opening, check doors and windows etc., I should have mentions that in the posting I made under the BZ4x. 

They get all that on the higher trim RAV4 Primes already in the US. Grrr.

Check the app again this morning and it now has data in all the months including the missing March data.  Interestingly the data for April also changed increasing significantly on what it was. I wish I'd taken a screen shot to compare.  No comments from the app support team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

No comments from the app support team.

The MyT App was pretty basic until Smart Connect features were introduced.  Maybe demands for  App Support have increased exponentially but little increase in support staff. 

Let's face it, MyT App is not essential and is a 'free' service that adds nothing to the bottom line.  I bet many owners don't use it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

The MyT App was pretty basic until Smart Connect features were introduced.  Maybe demands for  App Support have increased exponentially but little increase in support staff. 

Let's face it, MyT App is not essential and is a 'free' service that adds nothing to the bottom line.  I bet many owners don't use it. 

That may well be right Roy, but my understanding is that some of the remote features will be on an annual cost basis after a period, this is the route that has been introduced in the US.  If this happens then they will need to get their act together to make the app/server issues essentially go away.

• Like 2

Spoke to soon, app just refreshed and I’m now missing data from June/July 21 and Jan/Feb 22. I got the car end of May 21 and data has been there until yesterday for those months.

40740E77-7373-43A1-A885-C000975AC191.jpeg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ernieb said:

..... my understanding is that some of the remote features will be on an annual cost basis after a period, this is the route that has been introduced in the US.  If this happens then they will need to get their act together to make the app/server issues essentially go away.

And 'hook' us on the indispensable need for such bells and whistles. Some App features are so poor as to be a turn off. 

Send to car, IMHO, is a waste of effort. I can enter my destination when in the car faster than Send to Car. 

I had to badger my garage to update service history. I see no need to book an appointment through the App as I need to match diary dates, book collection or loan car etc. 

• Like 1

Yeah I like myt and all but I certainly wouldn't pay for it

With my previous On Call Volvo app, it was free for three years then payable afterwards. It had a lot more function than the MyT app including remote lock/unlock, flash headlights and sound horn and remote start for cabin climate on my XC60 petrol vehicle.

If MyT had similar function, I think I would pay for it if reasonable cost.

• Like 1

I think that functionality will be in the version 2 of the app that’s been released in the US.

@Hayzee, what would you think would be a reasonable cost? What was it with the Volvo?

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

I think that functionality will be in the version 2 of the app that’s been released in the US.

@Hayzee, what would you think would be a reasonable cost? What was it with the Volvo?

My Land Rover was free for 3 years then there was a tiered subscription. Some basic functionality was free, e.g. journey recording, vehicle location and lock status. The remote functions e.g. lock/unlock, remote climate control and automatic SOS calls was £35/year. The theft monitoring/alerting and tracking service was about another £220 per year. It was about 10% cheaper overall if you paid for 2 years upfront.

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Ernie....I think it was around £35 a year (£60 for 2 years) for the Volvo On Call subscription, but it may have changed.

3 hours ago, Hayzee said:

... including remote lock/unlock,

flash headlights and sound horn

and remote start for cabin climate. 

1.  Save you getting your keys out? 

2.  Fine in an ill lit car park at night, until a dozen cars do it.  Ever seen all those indicator lights light up? 

3.  Sounding horn in a stationary vehicle? Rule 112.

4.  I can see the use here, but like a heated steering wheel, but I would not pay for it. 

Until I got my Corolla I was quite happy with my car presenting trip fuel consumption though I can see the advantages of having trip analytics recorded and available. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

1.  Save you getting your keys out? 

On a couple of occasions we forgot to lock (don't ask!) and was able to lock it after receiving a message from the app that it was unlocked and we were some way from the car.

Also, apart from the SOS button (similar to RAV) there is an On Call button in the car that's connected to a dedicated Volvo team for breakdown and such.

I would have paid for On Call if I had needed to.

• Like 1

Hayzee, lol.  With my Corolla I ignored a departing beep as I remote locked the car. Of course it didn't lock and just sat there in ready mode. 

Different car, now I have no idea why, but I got out and went shopping in Tesco.  All I can think is that anyone seeing the car would assume that the driver must be nearby as the door was open. 🥴

I’m trying to convert back to using the key fob rather than the handle button, years of ingrained key use means that I often do not remember touching the door handle to lock the car. I often feel the need to look out of the window to see if the mirrors are folded or go out to the car to take a look.  Maybe it’s just old age……. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Oh I use it a lot to check SOC, whether I need to go out in the rain to plug it in because a new trip has landed on my lap. And for preconditioning in winter. If I'm going out in 15 min I just load up the app, set temp, defrosters, and press go. Saves me 5 to 10 minutes or more defrosting manually every morning in cold winter.  Same but other way around in hot summer days. It's a big part of the functionality for me.

The analytics is a bit of a take it or leave it thing. Find my car useful if I ever forget where I put my car but not needed that yet. Trip distances would be really useful if reliable for recording business mileage.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links