Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT app again

ernieb

7 hours ago, Roy124 said:

And 'hook' us on the indispensable need for such bells and whistles. Some App features are so poor as to be a turn off. 

Send to car, IMHO, is a waste of effort. I can enter my destination when in the car faster than Send to Car. 

I had to badger my garage to update service history. I see no need to book an appointment through the App as I need to match diary dates, book collection or loan car etc. 

Agreed with all that.

I work in IT and I find this service availability absolute rubbish 🫤

F1023959-56B2-4A98-9185-9F008B0C6D91.jpeg

• Like 2

Nick, I tried the Send to Car on the laptop and it was better than using the mobile App.  However I was driving away when I saw it was downloading the route.  Had I driven straight off it would not have down loaded in time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Nick, I tried the Send to Car on the laptop and it was better than using the mobile App.  However I was driving away when I saw it was downloading the route.  Had I driven straight off it would not have down loaded in time. 

I can believe it.

As per my post just earlier... Weird loading message that went on for ever could be weirdly related...

I wasn't even downloading anything when I got "loading". Wasn't even using the map stuff. But it normally comes up showing the map on its own after a few seconds but for some reason decided it was loading something for the whole drive. My phone wasn't plugged in during the drive and I'd not done any mappy things.

Wonder if something happened related to downloading a route.

Edited by Nick72

9 hours ago, Roy124 said:

That happens every time that I leave home ...

The car connects automatically to my home Wi-Fi when it is in range, but where it is normally parked, there is no Wi-Fi - I may do something about that but that's an entirely different topic. As I leave on a journey, it connects the the Wi-Fi as I drive past the house and looses the signal as I drive down the road - so there's a routine "now you see me, now you don't". If there are some changed settings or routing information that I want shared with the car I need simply to pause for a few seconds before I drive off.

(It always attempts to log in and synchronise and reports an 'error' if it is unable to complete that task independent of whether or not it there is actually anything new to download.)

The other way I could resolve this 'feature' would be to use my 'phone as a mobile hotspot - but I don't / haven't bothered yet.

In summary, Vehicle setting changes or Share to car 'routes' made via My Toyoto (or the My T app if you really must) are stored on Toyota's servers and retrieved by the car when next it logs in using the driver's account ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Philip, all true.  However if I do want to Share to Car I do it at some point before departure on the relevant journey when I don't want to hang around. 

I have a WiFi transmitter in the garage so just need to power up the car. 

• Like 2

I found the Share to Car  on my laptop and it was better than StC on my phone. Can I find it now? 

I tried searching and found lots of How To but not actually found out How To. 

Can anyone help from the website down? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

I found the Share to Car  on my laptop and it was better than StC on my phone. Can I find it now? 

I tried searching and found lots of How To but not actually found out How To. 

Can anyone help from the website down? 

https://www.toyota.co.uk/apps/customerportal#/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, for those who have a bit of IT knowledge and are familiar with HomeAssistant, there is currently an active integration for Toyota Connected Services that works way better and able to get a lot more data than the mobile app can currently. For those interested, here is the link:

https://github.com/DurgNomis-drol/ha_toyota

(most actions are referred to corolla as reference, in reality apply for rav4 as well)

It is a shame really that their backend and api supports so many functions but are unable to get it sorted on their own mobile app 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, linuxgfx said:

Hi all, for those who have a bit of IT knowledge and are familiar with HomeAssistant, there is currently an active integration for Toyota Connected Services that works way better and able to get a lot more data than the mobile app can currently. For those interested, here is the link:

https://github.com/DurgNomis-drol/ha_toyota

(most actions are referred to corolla as reference, in reality apply for rav4 as well)

It is a shame really that their backend and api supports so many functions but are unable to get it sorted on their own mobile app 🤦🏻‍♂️

Straight over my head 😀........

I'm not sure if I've just missed it before but I noticed last week when my PHEV was charging that the lightning bolt symbol on the button on the front page pulses when charging. I'm sure previously I had to press the button to go onto the next page to check it was charging. I'm normally in bed when it's charging so it could have been there ages. Not earth shattering but handy if on a public charger for a quick check.

PS. Looks like they've been messing again as I failed to log in a few times this evening.

1 hour ago, nlee said:

Not earth shattering but handy if on a public charger for a quick check. 

Only problem with this is that it's only as good as when the last time the app updated/checked with the car. You have to click into the actual battery/charging screen to see that tho, so a bit of a circular issue! 

1 hour ago, Mike2222 said:

Only problem with this is that it's only as good as when the last time the app updated/checked with the car. You have to click into the actual battery/charging screen to see that tho, so a bit of a circular issue! 

That's what I thought was beneficial, I didn't need to "refresh" and wake the car. It was showing the current status and when the charge was completed it stopped pulsing. All without refreshing. I presume it sends a single when the charge starts, then again when it stops.

I wonder if Toyota is actually testing this app 😅

IMG_53242.jpeg

IMG_53252.jpeg

• Like 1

Clearly not. Leaving variable names in an UI is a complete no no. This means there's no acceptance testing being performed.

9 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Clearly not. Leaving variable names in an UI is a complete no no. This means there's no acceptance testing being performed.

On the contrary, the app is fully tested in accordance with current norms - changes are made, the new version is deployed to the test community and, provided no one actually dies, it is OK. We are the test community ... 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Remember how god awful & limited the My Peugeot App is 😉

• Haha 1

Car randomly vanished off it and won't recognise car Reg now..... 

52 minutes ago, Steve169 said:

Car randomly vanished off it and won't recognise car Reg now..... 

Have you tried the VIN instead?

10 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Remember how god awful & limited the My Peugeot App is 😉

Good point. This is still in two leagues above.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, kucyk said:

I wonder if Toyota is actually testing this app 😅

IMG_53242.jpeg

IMG_53252.jpeg

So looking at the way the variables are named I'd say there's some MATLAB and Python involved.

9 hours ago, Nick72 said:

So looking at the way the variables are named I'd say there's some MATLAB and Python involved.

Whatever's involved Nick it does seem that the 'live app' release process is very badly flawed, where are the quality control systems? Coupled with the system servers crashes and blackouts it concerns me as the app becomes a more integral part of the car ownership.  Even the basic part of the app that will always remain 'free' is not free it's part of the cost of the car at the time of purchase and that at least should be 100% solid. As had been said before it sometimes feels like the users are by default the Beta testers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Whatever's involved Nick it does seem that the 'live app' release process is very badly flawed, where are the quality control systems? Coupled with the system servers crashes and blackouts it concerns me as the app becomes a more integral part of the car ownership.  Even the basic part of the app that will always remain 'free' is not free it's part of the cost of the car at the time of purchase and that at least should be 100% solid. As had been said before it sometimes feels like the users are by default the Beta testers.

I suspect that Toyota have outsourced app development to someone so it doesn't get the same Toyota rigour.

You're right, it is pretty much essential these days. 

Still, it is vastly better than the Peugeot App.