Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MyT - Charging Schedule

Bcc212

Hi guys,

Apologies - I know this has been covered in some capacity before, but I’m unable to find it in a search. 

I have just switched to octopus go and want to take advantage of the charging schedule on MyT.

Originally I had it set up so that the car would be ready at 0800 Monday, but I forced the charge last night. I was going to leave the day as Monday, but realised it might not charge tonight, so I changed it to Friday. 

My question is: If I miss a charging schedule, will the car just move onto the next day? I’m concerned because I’m likely to be an opportunist charger and use free charging points when visiting clients and the supermarket, as well as at home and don’t want to bugger it up. 

This is how I have it set up for tonight, is this correct?

Cheers!

8930F37E-0A3C-4220-8F31-05CF842B5428.png

EC4DF946-0502-454C-9F63-47911E392A04.png

Sorry Ben but I'm not sure I understand your question, probably me.  

Once the schedule is set, you've set yours for a start time the car will take the charge starting at that time and only use whatever energy is needed to top up the traction Battery to 100%. 

If you do not connect the charger say for a couple of days the car doesn't care at all but will pick up the correct date and schedule whenever you reconnect the charge cable.

Sorry if I've missed the point?

Hi Ernie,

My question was that if I missed a charging schedule, which in this case was set to start charging at 0030 this morning, would the car just charge again tomorrow morning and so on? Or do I have to manually tell the app that I want it to charge tomorrow. 

I’m not sure what happened last night, but the car didn’t charge. When I opened MyT it began charging. Very frustrating. 

I tell a lie. The app was not refreshing properly and the car did/is charging (with 40 minutes left to go!) 

30 minutes ago, Bcc212 said:

Hi Ernie,

My question was that if I missed a charging schedule, which in this case was set to start charging at 0030 this morning, would the car just charge again tomorrow morning and so on? Or do I have to manually tell the app that I want it to charge tomorrow. 

I’m not sure what happened last night, but the car didn’t charge. When I opened MyT it began charging. Very frustrating. 

I don't use the app or car to control schedules anymore because I use the wall charger instead. However, when I used it in the early days, I thought the schedule in the app was a one-off, so I'd say if you didn't plug in and missed the charge it wouldn't carry over to the next day. This could have changed since I was using it.

I found it easier to set it up on the MID menu in the car where you could set up a reoccurring schedule and just leave it. If you plug in, it will charge to the schedule, if you don't it will charge next time.

As you say you are an opportunistic charger, when you want an extra charge, you just need to select the charge now option in the menu before you leave the car and it will charge outside the schedule.

The car will only start the charge as per the schedule there is no catch up. If you schedule to start a charge at 00.30 each day then the car needs to be connected to the powered tether. You can always use the app to ‘force’ a start charge at anytime the powered tether is connected.

I set up a regular daily charge routine as an ‘time to be available’ rather than a start time and the system works out when to start based on the cars SOC, temperature etc. I recognise that people who have an EV tariff will select a start time to get the best use out of the contract they have negotiated.

Thanks!

I’ve set the schedule on the car to charge from 00:30 every day. Shame the app doesn’t mirror this schedule.

Mine synchronised but I only use a granny cable.