Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First time new car buyer advise

Vela

10 hours ago, Vela said:

Hi all, Sales man trying to sell these insurance products - GAP, SMART and TYRE & ALLOY insurance. Do I need all of them? Would appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.

GAP is one to look at - but not from the dealer. There's plenty stand alone companies that do it, for a fraction of the price - this is where the dealer tends to make money - they buy the product for X and sell it for Y which is normally heavily inflated.

This snippet is from MoneySavingExpert worth a read of the full article, but this is what you want if you do decide you want to go for it.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/gap-insurance/

595510492_Screenshot2022-04-28at09_19_59.thumb.png.9dea6501edfc83147fa416f0ca6d1947.png

• Thanks 1

My dealer through servicing, smart and tyre into the mix for 'free'.  The new car is the same price as the 2 year old one was and my payments remain the same. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2022 at 4:25 PM, john p williams said:

Possibly you didn`t see it or more likely WoofWoof it`s another example of Ford`s cost cutting ?

the wierd part was that it was missing from the digital cockpit, what effort is it to include an arrow on a screen?

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

the wierd part was that it was missing from the digital cockpit, what effort is it to include an arrow on a screen?

Non whatsoever. Why not write to Ford UK in Brentwood and seek an explanation WW ?

Let me know if you receive a response please.

16 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Whose gap insurance you have if i may know? 

Toyota - I got the 3-insurance package that the OP was just asking about when I bought the car (Even tho' I told them I didn't want the wheel cover but they put it in the bundle anyway... still got money back when I cancelled it so no skin off my nose!). Negotiated it in as part of my 'compensation' for the Mk2 cockup.

As others said it can be had cheaper elsewhere, but if you can haggle it in as a sweetener then worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 2:16 PM, john p williams said:

Non whatsoever. Why not write to Ford UK in Brentwood and seek an explanation WW ?

Let me know if you receive a response please.

it was a rental in Germany lol 

not plannign to buy a ford anytime soon so why bother?

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Take a look at the whole car from different angles, pay attention to the glare of the paint, the difference in the color of each detail.

• Like 1

I think the best initial advice for the first time new buyer would be, take your time and do not assume that, because it is a new car, it is not going to have problems.  If you can take someone with you do so, two pairs of eyes are better than one.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, odinmagnet said:

Take a look at the whole car from different angles, pay attention to the glare of the paint, the difference in the color of each detail.

The bumpers will likely be very slightly off from the rest of the body due to them being plastic

Take a look at the whole car from different angles, pay attention to the glare of the paint, the difference in the color of each detail. Then proceed to the inspection of each part separately. Check the joints between the body parts, they should all be more or less the same. Inspect the coating for paint drips, chips, scratches, scuffs and other damages. Please note that the paint structure should be uniform and not change from one part of the body to another. Carefully inspect the joints of the body and the plastic parts adjacent to the metal, if there you find a light paste-like substance or traces of flushing of such a substance, most likely this part was polished. Perhaps this is the most important thing. You can find out more about it using the website https://zumroad.com/automotive.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links