Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Check rear seat warning - Yaris Cross

Sidrat

Every so often when switching off the car I get a "Check rear seat" warning.  This is with nothing placed on the seats, having the seat belts plugged in makes no difference.  Has anyone else had this or know how to stop it, I was at my dealers this week and asked them, someone in servicing waffled on about the system does this but I was not convinced.

This is the rear seat reminder function it is set to "on" as default setting, it can be turned off in the multi function display. You can read about it in the emanual on page 137, hope this helps.

• Like 2

The warning only triggers if you open the rear doors after unlocking, its part of a new EU regulation hoping to stop people forgetting children in the back seats when leaving the car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The warning only triggers if you open the rear doors after unlocking, its part of a new EU regulation hoping to stop people forgetting children in the back seats when leaving the car.

The dealers did not mention this, just gave some weird explanation about it happens every so many openings of someone sitting in the rear seats.  As I told him that cannot be true as someone has only sat in the back twice. 

1 hour ago, Sidrat said:

The dealers did not mention this, just gave some weird explanation about it happens every so many openings of someone sitting in the rear seats.  As I told him that cannot be true as someone has only sat in the back twice. 

Folk nowadays seem adverse to saying 'I don't know' and will make up any old bull.

• Like 1

Mine says it almost every time I switch off, but then there is usually something on the rear seat. Assuming Devon Aygo's comment above is referring to opening a rear door to put something in before getting in the front.

21 hours ago, Peachysheff said:

This is the rear seat reminder function it is set to "on" as default setting, it can be turned off in the multi function display. You can read about it in the emanual on page 137, hope this helps.

Now switched off, thanks Michael for the pointer.

I get it my coat on the back seat 💺. Just a reminder to check.

15 hours ago, Dexter290 said:

Mine says it almost every time I switch off, but then there is usually something on the rear seat. Assuming Devon Aygo's comment above is referring to opening a rear door to put something in before getting in the front.

You can turn it off, it will say check rear seat regardless if not.

Not to be confused with seat belt warning if someone/something is actually adding weight to rear seat. This is not to be ignored. 👍