Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Maybe I'm not a new Yaris Cross Owner...


Recommended Posts

I put an order in a week or two back for a Yaris Cross Excel in Galactic Blue. 

Today I received a phone call from the salesman to tell me that Toyota are stopping production of Galactic Blue.  Not just new orders, but existing orders. Including mine. 

So now I have a choice of cheap White, expensive White, Black, Grey, Silver, or Red. 

I wanted a *colour* not something on a monochromatic scale. I'm not really a red person, hence the choice of blue.  I actually quite like the grey, but currently have a very similar grey car so want something different. 

And the red costs more than the blue (although I do hope that would be soaked up by Toyota if I choose to go that route!)

Maybe I'll go back to looking at the C-HR Excel which is what I went to see at the dealers anyway! Of course then I'd have to get it in Deep Amethyst for the same reason 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's of any help, my C-HR is Expensive white (Pearlescent white). It changes colour in the light and really accents the car. It's not a monochromatic as you might think. Just my 2p worth.

Have you thought of comparing the colours on cars at the dealer?

BTW - My good Lady has opted for the Scarlet Flare on her Yaris.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Impith said:

I put an order in a week or two back for a Yaris Cross Excel in Galactic Blue. 

Today I received a phone call from the salesman to tell me that Toyota are stopping production of Galactic Blue.  Not just new orders, but existing orders. Including mine. 

So now I have a choice of cheap White, expensive White, Black, Grey, Silver, or Red. 

I wanted a *colour* not something on a monochromatic scale. I'm not really a red person, hence the choice of blue.  I actually quite like the grey, but currently have a very similar grey car so want something different. 

And the red costs more than the blue (although I do hope that would be soaked up by Toyota if I choose to go that route!)

Maybe I'll go back to looking at the C-HR Excel which is what I went to see at the dealers anyway! Of course then I'd have to get it in Deep Amethyst for the same reason 🙂

Suzuki S Cross ?   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pearlescent white is the best colour and a signature one from Toyota. At daylight looks like white at night and under street lights looks like silver. Really good choice. 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first one I saw was the Blue, and I loved the colour. I also saw a grey one, and finally settled on the Pearlescent white. As Tony HSD says, it looks like a different car at night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We got our Yaris Cross Excel in Decuma Grey just over 4 months ago, its a lovely car, had no problems with it all so far.

Very nice driving position, quiet in town traffic in EV mode and very quick and smooth on take off which we find particularly usefull at busy roundabouts.

 

Such a pity to hear that they have discontinued the blue colour, especially as there is an excellent video review on You Tube featuring the blue coloured model.

 

Just thought I would put in my 10p worth too, as they would say in Bullseye ...this is what you could have had 🙂

Glad to hear that you are still considering having a Toyota, all our family currently have a total of 5 Toyota cars between us, and I dont recall over the last 10 years or so ever any member of the family having an issue with any ..apart from an occasional puncture (which even then the dealer has repaired foc)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Impith said:

I put an order in a week or two back for a Yaris Cross Excel in Galactic Blue. 

Today I received a phone call from the salesman to tell me that Toyota are stopping production of Galactic Blue.  Not just new orders, but existing orders. Including mine. 

So now I have a choice of cheap White, expensive White, Black, Grey, Silver, or Red. 

I wanted a *colour* not something on a monochromatic scale. I'm not really a red person, hence the choice of blue.  I actually quite like the grey, but currently have a very similar grey car so want something different. 

And the red costs more than the blue (although I do hope that would be soaked up by Toyota if I choose to go that route!)

Maybe I'll go back to looking at the C-HR Excel which is what I went to see at the dealers anyway! Of course then I'd have to get it in Deep Amethyst for the same reason 🙂

Galactic blue is gone for Excel only would a Dynamic suit as you can still get it in Galactic blue ( with bi-tone )? Also don't be afraid to lean on your dealer and play the guilt card over additional cost to you for having to choose an alternative, as they/Toyota have let you down.

Attached is a comparison between Excel & Dynamic.

5fa5e0cb-570a-46b8-80d6-ae9721e0818c.pdf

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, john p williams said:

Suzuki S Cross ?   

I love the way it changes colour from city to country. Must be some special pearlescent paint.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I found it an annoying Toyota-ism that the higher spec you go the less colour choice you have - Would have gone for a blue one with my Mk4 but for some reason Excel looses almost all colour choices, left with only various shades of monochrome colours!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The white pearl is a metallic pearl mica - what ever you don't scratch or damage it as it's a nightmare to get it to match

 

Mine is in 8T7 Island blue - i like a colour you can't lose in a car park, a gold/bronze would suit the cross

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have seen Yaris cross in black and I like it a lot, plus this model has a horrible anchor at the back below rear bumper and it’s so visible from outside, it destroys the overall nice look of the car. Black hides it well., apart from that all other colours actually are good, white, silver, grey, 👍

38121F19-B328-4D76-B1DD-0BD01C6A6F26.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly have trouble differentiating between the C-HR, Yaris Cross, Corolla Cross and Rav4 at a glance :laugh: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The C-HR is the sexy looking one. The others are different 😀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Big_D said:

The C-HR is the sexy looking one. The others are different 😀

Agree, others are a box on the wheels! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for all your contributions. I've been pondering about it all weekend and.... I'm no further forward.

I think the first thing to do is actually search out a red one in the flesh. It does look sort of bright in the brochure! A trip to the dealers when they have one for delivery I think... 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing the colour on an actual car is always better than seeing the colour in a brochure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Impith said:

I think the first thing to do is actually search out a red one in the flesh. It does look sort of bright in the brochure

In reality it is quite a dark red. The only colour I haven’t seen IRL is Brass Gold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, IT Troll said:

In reality it is quite a dark red. The only colour I haven’t seen IRL is Brass Gold.

Brass Gold is the only one I have seen IRL- and what I have ordered. Obviously I think it looks good with black roof and dark alloys of Dynamic trim 😀 ( saw it on Launch Edition).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Impith said:

Thank you for all your contributions. I've been pondering about it all weekend and.... I'm no further forward.

I think the first thing to do is actually search out a red one in the flesh. It does look sort of bright in the brochure! A trip to the dealers when they have one for delivery I think... 😁

It’s dark in reality, I had seen one last night , it did had also blind spot monitoring 👌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, the red colour is not an in-your-face red. My one is shown below. Ignore the parking angle, that was to take the photo!

 

IMG_1107.JPG

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Popped up to the dealers today to ensure I saw the correct shade of red. I've been looking out on the road and in car parks all week, and not seen a Yaris Cross in red.  But, possibly as a side effect, I've become quite fond of red cars! To their credit, the dealer has agreed to supply a red car under the same terms as they were supplying a blue one.  They certainly gave the impression they were taking the hit, not Toyota, which I think is a touch unfair if true. 

I have to say though, that it is quite a 'RED' red 😁

So, maybe I am a red car person after all... 

Thanks for the various words of advice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The advantage of a red car is that in a crowded car park they are easy to spot amid the sea of grey,silver and white cars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PJR77 said:

The advantage of a red car is that in a crowded car park they are easy to spot amid the sea of grey,silver and white cars.

Not as easy as a PINK HYUNDAI, Pat🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Impith said:

Popped up to the dealers today to ensure I saw the correct shade of red. I've been looking out on the road and in car parks all week, and not seen a Yaris Cross in red.  But, possibly as a side effect, I've become quite fond of red cars! To their credit, the dealer has agreed to supply a red car under the same terms as they were supplying a blue one.  They certainly gave the impression they were taking the hit, not Toyota, which I think is a touch unfair if true. 

I have to say though, that it is quite a 'RED' red 😁

So, maybe I am a red car person after all... 

Thanks for the various words of advice. 

Should live where i am, i've got a red one and so has the bloke round the corner, 2 yc's ,both red, both got glass roofs,both got the brushed ally bits front and back, both excels as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership