Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PHEV... Strange built in SatNav failure... Loading

Nick72

So I don't use the built in SatNav, I see it as emergency use Vs Android Auto nav apps. But was puzzled why after starting the car the SatNav just showed the following screen. Tried pressing all the buttons and nothing. Was like that the entire drive. Working now after switching the car off and on again. 

Pics below when I reached the destination. Was still doing it.

Anyone seen this before?

20220422_190921.jpg

20220422_190908.jpg

34 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

So I don't use the built in SatNav, I see it as emergency use Vs Android Auto nav apps. But was puzzled why after starting the car the SatNav just showed the following screen. Tried pressing all the buttons and nothing. Was like that the entire drive. Working now after switching the car off and on again. 

Pics below when I reached the destination. Was still doing it.

Anyone seen this before?

20220422_190921.jpg

20220422_190908.jpg

Maybe just a glitch however what software versions are installed?

Setup > RH Menu set >software update, you should see DCU, MEU & Map versions

Also just for future reference if you press & hold the power knob you can force reset the Head unit with switching the car on/off

• Thanks 1

That's usually the screen after a software update.  There is a software version 2022 v1 available which can be updated over the air in car for the uK but via USB for all EU (west).  If it does not fix itself I'd download from the MyToyota login via a browser, app updates.

• Like 1

I had that screen Nick and it would also reboot itself every 4 minutes.

Turned out to be a software update which the dealer did. Has been ok since 🤞

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Maybe just a glitch however what software versions are installed?

Setup > RH Menu set >software update, you should see DCU, MEU & Map versions

Also just for future reference if you press & hold the power knob you can force reset the Head unit with switching the car on/off

Oh I didn't know that thanks. Only happened once in hundreds of times.

12 hours ago, ernieb said:

That's usually the screen after a software update.  There is a software version 2022 v1 available which can be updated over the air in car for the uK but via USB for all EU (west).  If it does not fix itself I'd download from the MyToyota login via a browser, app updates.

Maybe it was an update Ernie. The car is connected to my home WiFi if it goes that route or maybe it goes via GSM (although that could be a lot of data cost to Toyota?).

10 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

I had that screen Nick and it would also reboot itself every 4 minutes.

Turned out to be a software update which the dealer did. Has been ok since 🤞

Thanks. I think so as Ernie mentioned too. Some kind of update. Been fine since. Caught me by surprise, not that I use the inbuilt sat nav but you want to know it is there just in case a Plan B is needed.

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

Maybe it was an update Ernie. The car is connected to my home WiFi if it goes that route

There is an option to download available map updates automatically. OTA map updates do come via Wi-Fi. So, if you have a Wi-Fi connection, auto update on, and a valid Map Care subscription it will just 'update' ... 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philip42h said:

There is an option to download available map updates automatically. OTA map updates do come via Wi-Fi. So, if you have a Wi-Fi connection, auto update on, and a valid Map Care subscription it will just 'update' ... 😉

That will be it for sure! Thx