Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris collected today

Starensis

Collected our new Yaris today. Dealer had it in showroom under a red cover and did a reveal!

My wife drove it back home and stated how smooth and quiet it was. Got back home and had a play myself. Nice.

TPMS - wasn’t showing any pressures on display. Somehow, I muddled through set up and now it’s showing. Not a very clear set up process.

MyT - Connected to app and now showing loads of info. Is the lock symbol a confirmation you’ve locked car? Unlocked car but still showed as locked. Also assume, no multimedia serial number is required?

Lane change flashes - no option to change from 3 to 5? Nothing in Carista atm.

e-call - assume this is pre-programmed so nothing needs setting up?

Door Locking - no speed sensitive locking option?

Going to fit Dashcam tomorrow - assume glovebox just pulls out and scuff/kick trims are just clipped in? Fuse box also located under/behind glovebox?

Had a lengthy scroll through most menus and set them up as the wife would require ( I think ). I’m sure there will be a few alterations along the way.

I’ll post an update on my/our thoughts in a few weeks. 👍

• Like 4

e-call - assume this is pre-programmed so nothing needs setting up?

Door Locking - no speed sensitive locking option?

Correct on both points

• Like 2

As per @Roy124, plus :

MyT Lock symbol as you saw it, there's a time lag between the lock/unlock status showing on MyT, and also you getting a warning that you left the car open. Something like 5 minutes IIRC.

The Lane Tracing Assist beeps can be really annoying, and you can't turn off the system permanently, so, if you haven't done it already, best set the warning to steering wheel vibration, IMO.

• Like 1

OK. So it will update to let you know it isn’t locked.

Think the overspeed and Lane trace audio will be turned off at some point.

Thanks.

• Like 1

It can take a few days for all the connected services to fully activate.

It also depends on what connected services the Yaris in question supports.

It should nag you with a pop up message if the vehicle isn't locked ( depending on phone / app settings ) 

If you click the padlock it should then display the vehicle plus time & date it last communicated with the app, if you swipe your finger down the screen it should refresh the status of your vehicle ( takes a good 10 or so seconds to update )

Screenshot_20220423-162621.png

3 hours ago, Starensis said:

Collected our new Yaris today. Dealer had it in showroom under a red cover and did a reveal!

Maaan I'm jealous. My handover was more like, "Here're the keys sir - Did you see the car in the carpark? No? Fine let me show you were it is there you go enjoy byee!"

BTW the TPMS won't show the pressures when the car is turned on for about a minute after the car starts moving as it needs to ping them and figure out which one is on which wheel so that's normal.

re. Lane Change flashes - I assume you mean when you just brush the indicator and it blinks a set number of times - This is changeable by the dealer and I believe they can set it to 5 flashes; I had them disable that 'feature' on mine as I really hated that it would flash 3 times every time I accidentally brushed it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Maaan I'm jealous. My handover was more like, "Here're the keys sir - Did you see the car in the carpark? No? Fine let me show you were it is there you go enjoy byee!"

BTW the TPMS won't show the pressures when the car is turned on for about a minute after the car starts moving as it needs to ping them and figure out which one is on which wheel so that's normal.

re. Lane Change flashes - I assume you mean when you just brush the indicator and it blinks a set number of times - This is changeable by the dealer and I believe they can set it to 5 flashes; I had them disable that 'feature' on mine as I really hated that it would flash 3 times every time I accidentally brushed it!

It was only really because we know the Sales manager and Sales executive - they both know how pedantic I am, so take the P most of the time. I did video the reveal though with the wife taking the cover off. It was actually in showroom also, not outside.

TPMS - I’ve read the manual twice, but still a little perplexed. Think I get it a bit more now. 😬

I’ll ask dealer to change it to 5 flashes. We quite like this function. 

Would image it will take a few weeks to get everything set up to our liking. Thanks for the feedback. 👍

• Like 1

Yeah it'll take a bit to find all the settings and get them to preference! I have enough trouble with the seating whenever I change cars - Takes me weeks of constantly adjusting the steering wheel and seat to find the optimal position :laugh: 

Took me over 12 months to get my seat right in my C-HR. When the wife drives it, it takes me another 2 days to get it right again. 😡

Still think the recline should be on a wheel adjuster - which allows smaller increments of adjustment. 🥴

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Took me over 12 months to get my seat right in my C-HR. When the wife drives it, it takes me another 2 days to get it right again. 😡

Still think the recline should be on a wheel adjuster - which allows smaller increments of adjustment. 🥴

One of the reasons I went for Alcantara upgrade on my C-HR to gain the electric driver's seat adjustment.

I'm not a fan of those lever adjusted backrests in vehicles.

• Like 4

I must admit if they'd had an option for electronic driver seat adjustment with lumbar support and memory in the Mk4 I wouldn't be able to throw my money at them fast enough for it :laugh: 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, forkingabout said:

I'm not a fan of those lever adjusted backrests in vehicles.

Takes me ages to get those right, I don't like them one bit, and even then I'm hardly ever totally satisfied with the result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

Takes me ages to get those right, I don't like them one bit, and even then I'm hardly ever totally satisfied with the result.

Same here. Fine adjustment is just not possible.

• Like 1

Not sure if the picture is clear, but bonnet profile is not good. It’s proud to bumper and gap is tapered.

Looks like a visit to dealer to sort it out. Doesn’t look good.

868E8A7E-46FB-4C73-93D6-8C0D14ABCD2D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Not sure if the picture is clear, but bonnet profile is not good. It’s proud to bumper and gap is tapered.

Looks like a visit to dealer to sort it out. Doesn’t look good.

868E8A7E-46FB-4C73-93D6-8C0D14ABCD2D.jpeg

Yeah, definitely a dealers job, it is visible from distance and once you have spotted you will always looking at. Otherwise nice car in white 👌👍

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Starensis said:

It was only really because we know the Sales manager and Sales executive - they both know how pedantic I am, so take the P most of the time. I did video the reveal though with the wife taking the cover off. It was actually in showroom also, not outside.

At my dealers they have a reveal room, you walk in and there are seats etc and at the far end a floor to celing glass all black.  They put the lights on and beyond the glass is a brightly lit room with polished black granite flooring with your car parked in there.  It allows you to inspect the car and body work in a well lit setting.  When you leave they open some bi-fold doors and off you go.  Quite new built showroom.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Yeah, definitely a dealers job, it is visible from distance and once you have spotted you will always looking at. Otherwise nice car in white 👌👍

TBH - I’ve worked at Burnaston and that would never have left the plant like that.

Had a good look and not sure how they will rectify. No adjustment in bonnet hinges or latch ( in Z plane ). Buffers don’t affect the adjustment but vital they contact to prevent chatter. Profiles suffer due to design lines/curves.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2022 at 2:44 PM, Starensis said:

My wife drove it back home and stated how smooth and quiet it was. Got back home and had a play myself. Nice.

Glad to hear that.  Did you notice if the car ran on Battery more than the engine.  Would love to know what your mpg is.  Maybe track it for the week, especially as it is brand new.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ParisYaris said:

Glad to hear that.  Did you notice if the car ran on battery more than the engine.  Would love to know what your mpg is.  Maybe track it for the week, especially as it is brand new.

Yes, 50%-77% Battery according to MyT app. Mpg atm is 47, but that’s with very short numerous  journey’s. My wife will use it for work all week, so will see what it returns.

Adam, what is her journey profile? 

I would guess an ideal might be 2 miles flat to get to temp, 50 mph for a few miles to charge Battery and EV run, into town to work as far as EV allows and return on reverse profile. 

The Yaris Cross hybrid Battery has a fair bit more capacity than the Corolla which is good. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Adam, what is her journey profile? 

I would guess an ideal might be 2 miles flat to get to temp, 50 mph for a few miles to charge battery and EV run, into town to work as far as EV allows and return on reverse profile. 

The Yaris Cross hybrid battery has a fair bit more capacity than the Corolla which is good. 

She does around 22 mile round trip. A lot of stop/start cycles 30/40mph, unless she decides to use Motorway, then it's around 30 mile round trip at mostly 70mph.

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Does look good in white, if you can keep the bug splatters to a minimum ! Previous car was matt grey (Peugeot textured finish - 2015-2018) it looked great when clean, and just dull when not. The white Yaris looks pretty good without too much cleaning.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Starensis said:

She does around 22 mile round trip. A lot of stop/start cycles 30/40mph, unless she decides to use Motorway, then it's around 30 mile round trip at mostly 70mph.

Instead of 70mph flat out if she is keeping between 60-65mph and follow the curves of the hills ( keeping the power meter hand below power zone) and let the car slowing down when climbing and going a bit faster when downhill she will easily achieve greater mpg by 10mpg or even more. 👌

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TonyHSD said:

Instead of 70mph flat out if she is keeping between 60-65mph

My empirical experience suggests that you get about 10% better fuel consumption, doing just that, perhaps more. I think that 70 mph/110kph is just a couple of notches over where the Hybrid system is giving good support to the ICE. The difference between 65 mph and 70 mph, time wise over 15 miles is next to negligible. 

I found that it's not so much that you have to learn how to drive a Toyota Hybrid, as the whole "zenitude" of the car encourages a more relaxed driving style. (Not sure @Cyker is going to agree😉)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stopeter44 said:

My empirical experience suggests that you get about 10% better fuel consumption, doing just that, perhaps more. I think that 70 mph/110kph is just a couple of notches over where the Hybrid system is giving good support to the ICE. The difference between 65 mph and 70 mph, time wise over 15 miles is next to negligible. 

I found that it's not so much that you have to learn how to drive a Toyota Hybrid, as the whole "zenitude" of the car encourages a more relaxed driving style. (Not sure @Cyker is going to agree😉)

I think this with the slightly lower speed has something to do with aerodynamics and drag coefficient . When cruising at 60mph you are actually cutting through air easier and obviously using less energy. In town at lower speeds pulse and glide works a magic, I am surprised how much my fuel consumption improves every time I go inside London and spend some time driving in town, especially through the night when streets are not as busy. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links