Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris collected today

Starensis

32 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Had a call this morning - car is ready for collection today. They have “reset” profiles in body shop.

I have informed them; if it’s not to standard spec, the car will be rejected. 

Will add an update on outcome; tomorrow.

good luck 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope car returned looking as it should. Bet the loan Aygo (which was only £10500 OTR at one point) is well assembled, which makes yours all the more disgraceful at twice the price. I'd keep the Aygo and pay less per month, telling them I don't want the Yaris back myself. My 1 33 TR automatic 9 years old and wonderfully made compared to some cars I've had. Toyota should be ashamed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Al D said:

Hope car returned looking as it should. Bet the loan Aygo (which was only £10500 OTR at one point) is well assembled, which makes yours all the more disgraceful at twice the price. I'd keep the Aygo and pay less per month, telling them I don't want the Yaris back myself. My 1 33 TR automatic 9 years old and wonderfully made compared to some cars I've had. Toyota should be ashamed.

Hope so too!
The Aygo is a decent little car, but not a patch on the MK4 Yaris for driving experience. If the Yaris is still not up to standard, then, it will be either wait for a new one or go to another Manufacturer.

As I got it at a very good price, might even be worth settling the finance and selling it at a profit. 😉

We will see later today…….

• Like 2

How have you found the chr?! My Dad tempted by one one day. Though his Kia Soul rated more reliable than my Yaris. Though dash rattles drive me mad. Yaris strangely quiet. Driven 2 Aygos and they are very light and faster than you'd think. Find them a little dark inside, want the electric canvas roof really.

Have you got the car yet? Have they fixed it???? I am biting my nails with anticipation!

(Apparently this is what counts for excitement in my life now)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Have you got the car yet? Have they fixed it???? I am biting my nails with anticipation!

(Apparently this is what counts for excitement in my life now)

Yes, got it!

Bonnet profile is now OKish ( Not perfect ) but 100 times better than it was. They've removed the self-centering shoulder bolts at hinges and replaced them with standard bolts. No taper but still sits a little high. 

Found a paint chip on corner of wing - which they had to touch-up. Got a paint repair kit out of them.

I have to say - its so much better in the Yaris than the Aygo. Although the Aygo is adequate and lively, I would'nt want to drive it for long periods.

Think I'll just tolerate the high profile for now. If it gives us any wind noise or rattling issues, i'll take it back.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Al D said:

How have you found the chr?! My Dad tempted by one one day. Though his Kia Soul rated more reliable than my Yaris. Though dash rattles drive me mad. Yaris strangely quiet. Driven 2 Aygos and they are very light and faster than you'd think. Find them a little dark inside, want the electric canvas roof really.

C-HR is a great car. not perfect by any means, but oozes class and quality is very good. 

Only issues I've had are DAB reception ( still rubbish ) and mirror puddle lights were.....well, puddled. Had them changed under warranty.

Mine is 4 years old now and still feels like a new car.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Starensis said:

C-HR is a great car. not perfect by any means, but oozes class and quality is very good. 

Only issues I've had are DAB reception ( still rubbish ) and mirror puddle lights were.....well, puddled. Had them changed under warranty.

For your puddle lights, where they just a light OR did they light up TOYOTA C-HR on the floor?

C-HR feels extremely solid to me so far.

Huh, that's a bit weird - It sounds like the actual hinges are not aligned properly then if the self-centering bolts were seating properly but causing the bonnet to be crooked; Get someone to open and move the bonnet up and down while you look at it from the side to make sure there's no flexing/twisting 

But I'm glad it's at least a lot better!

Hopefully you can get to enjoy the car finally! (It's a damned good car and I don't say that about just any car!)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

For your puddle lights, where they just a light OR did they light up TOYOTA C-HR on the floor?

C-HR feels extremely solid to me so far.

Yes, they weren’t projecting the Toyota C-HR onto floor. Just a fuzzy light.

35 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Huh, that's a bit weird - It sounds like the actual hinges are not aligned properly then if the self-centering bolts were seating properly but causing the bonnet to be crooked; Get someone to open and move the bonnet up and down while you look at it from the side to make sure there's no flexing/twisting 

But I'm glad it's at least a lot better!

Hopefully you can get to enjoy the car finally! (It's a damned good car and I don't say that about just any car!)

They try to build cars now that don’t need adjustment. Self-centering bolts supposed to help achieve it. Something is not set correctly somewhere, but can’t be arsed to be without the car any longer.

Also lost connectivity on MyT. Asks for ignition cycle, but just hangs then states a fault retrieving info. One thing after another! 😡

• Like 1

Yeah, at some point you have to just accept nothing in life is perfect; As long as it's good enough then not worth worrying about!

Now you've got some nice roads near you so go drive the car some! :naughty: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starensis said:

They try to build cars now that don’t need adjustment. Self-centering bolts supposed to help achieve it. Something is not set correctly somewhere, but can’t be ubikd to be without the car any longer.

Also lost connectivity on MyT. Asks for ignition cycle, but just hangs then states a fault retrieving info. One thing after another! 😡

You have a month to reject the car, so just try to enjoy it. Most people I know woulden't care what it looked like, they kerb the wheels within a month and park Badley getting Dings in the side panels. 

24 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

You have a month to reject the car, so just try to enjoy it. Most people I know woulden't care what it looked like, they kerb the wheels within a month and park Badley getting Dings in the side panels. 

We’re probably keeping the car at the end of the PCP, so want it right from new. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Starensis said:

We’re probably keeping the car at the end of the PCP, so want it right from new. 

I just ordered the Yaris Design in white yesterday! 

I test drove both design and excel but found the ride too rough with the excel’s 17” wheels. Despite the added extras with the excel, went for design due to ride comfort. 

dealer also gave a great deal and threw in extras. Just got to wait until December now.. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rizz said:

I test drove both design and excel but found the ride too rough with the excel’s 17” wheels. Despite the added extras with the excel, went for design due to ride comfort. 

dealer also gave a great deal and threw in extras. Just got to wait until December now.. 

Check those profiles on delivery! 😉

1 hour ago, Starensis said:

Check those profiles on delivery! 😉

Definitely! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rizz said:

December!?!

Glad to hear you have the Yaris back, with improvements.

All the delays and issues with supply it’s almost a privileged feeling that we have actually managed to get new cars! Even though they weren’t exactly screwed together perfectly 🤨.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjjferreira said:

December!?!

I reckon It’s coming by sleigh 🎅🤯

• Haha 2

New update.

Had a look over the car yesterday after I’d collected it for the bonnet alignment issue. Found LH headlamp bolts loose and one top bumper bolt loose also! Fuming - to say the least.

With finding those loose fixings, I thought I’d check accessible fixing around bumper. At least 2 loose underside! I have a wide gap bumper to wing - which does close up when pushed together. Probably more loose fixings! 😡

I’ve also managed to line out bumper to bonnet myself. Top bumper fixings are mounted to brackets - which are held by x2 silver nuts on each bracket. Loosen these off and top of bumper can be adjusted to flush it out with bonnet. 👍

I’m now taking the car back in next week and supervising the tweaks required to satisfy my OCD eye. They’ve also approved me being under car whilst we check all fixings. If loose, they will order any new parts required.

Also found a paint chip on top of wing corner - which I pointed out and they touched in. So much for quality control! 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

So the saga continues……..

I will say, service manager has been very helpful and has agreed that whatever I’ve highlighted is unacceptable. He has been very accommodating. 

It’s such a lovely car to drive. These issues have annoyed the hell out of me and know, if we ask for a refund, it will be another 5/6 months before we get it replaced. Hopefully, next week we will be 100% happy issues are now resolved 🤞🤞. If not, it will be reject. 

• Like 2

Does the dealership in question have a Toyota approved body shop attached?

It doesn't sound like whoever did the repairs was that bothered with the standard of there work.

8 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Does the dealership in question have a Toyota approved body shop attached?

It doesn't sound like whoever did the repairs was that bothered with the standard of there work.

It isn’t attached but it is Toyota/Lexus approved. I don’t trust anyone to repair my cars to the same level of detail I expect.
Been in industry for 40 years and know that data confirms, most defects are caused by off line or dealer repairs/interaction.

• Like 1

With Toyota insurance you can use your own body garage at extra cost thou of £200. Body shop repairs are normally nothing to do with a manufacturer, so you need to do your research to track one down who does for all manufacturers within reason. We have one Address: Unit 9, Astra Business Centre, Bonehurst Rd, Salfords, Redhill RH1 5TL which is regarded as one of the finest in the south of England 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links