Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris collected today

Starensis

3 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

With Toyota insurance you can use your own body garage at extra cost thou of £200. Body shop repairs are normally nothing to do with a manufacturer, so you need to do your research to track one down who does for all manufacturers within reason. We have one Address: Unit 9, Astra Business Centre, Bonehurst Rd, Salfords, Redhill RH1 5TL which is regarded as one of the finest in the south of England 

The one my car went to supposed to be the best around. 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

• 1 month later...

Had a phone call whilst on holiday a few days ago from Dealer principal; where I purchased car.

Toyota CR have been on to them about closing my request to reject car - due to issues mentioned earlier. They have asked me to take car in for DP to look at and review issues I’ve had with it. 

Although I’m happy to do this, I’m sure the end result will be “ it’s all in spec now” so we will close case. All well and good, but it’s me who managed to get it into a visually better condition! Also, costs of taking and fetching have not be recognised.

Not sure what the process would be regarding rejection ( can I keep car until new one arrives ?) I’ve also asked for some form of compensation - if rejection of car is agreed not to be the route forward. We’ve been without the car for 2 weeks since we picked it up at end of April 22.

I’ve been in the industry for 40+ years and know our car was a pig tbh. It’s now much better - thanks to my knowledge of how to correct such issues; with panel alignments, but some alignment issues are still apparent ( bumpers to body ).

I'm going to take it to the DP and have a discussion, so will let you know the outcome.

• Like 4

Found rear bumper has some yellowing of paint after washing today. Car is Pure White and paint has yellowed on the horizontal surface below edge of tailgate.

Yet another issue on this pig of a car. You may not see it too well on images, but it’s definitely there. 😡

C2BA0493-A148-4474-824C-CA2BD7C52FE8.thumb.jpeg.1e55526c4bf635e8bb904ab48500ae3f.jpegCE60CBDD-2ECE-4579-A2C1-18B2C1A34936.thumb.jpeg.2008f1b80ac7dce310a254ea8ce4f543.jpeg

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Found rear bumper has some yellowing of paint after washing today. Car is Pure White and paint has yellowed on the horizontal surface below edge of tailgate.

Yet another issue on this pig of a car. You may not see it too well on images, but it’s definitely there. 😡

C2BA0493-A148-4474-824C-CA2BD7C52FE8.thumb.jpeg.1e55526c4bf635e8bb904ab48500ae3f.jpegCE60CBDD-2ECE-4579-A2C1-18B2C1A34936.thumb.jpeg.2008f1b80ac7dce310a254ea8ce4f543.jpeg

Like myself, Adam thinks aren't great with my new car either. Your paintwork looks a little yellow, as you say. is it supposed to be pearlescent? 

28 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Like myself, Adam thinks aren't great with my new car either. Your paintwork looks a little yellow, as you say. is it supposed to be pearlescent? 

No. It’s just the Base Pure White.
I’m getting to a point where this car has to go. I’ve lost all confidence in design, Build and potential durability.

4 minutes ago, Starensis said:

No. It’s just the Base Pure White.
I’m getting to a point where this car has to go. I’ve lost all confidence in design, Build and potential durability.

i know how you feel Adam i'm in the same position with my corolla, very poor all round apart from the alloy and tyres. Lexus, have offered to buy it back from me for what i have paid, so at least that's something 

• Like 1

I've had rubbish cars before and learned to live with them because of excellent service from the dealer. i think, thou, one needs to visit a Lexus dealer to see how a car is put together properly with excellent paintwork

i don't think Toyota know how to paint a car, as in my time with Mitsubishi and Mazda the paintwork was bad also but the cars themselves in the case of Mazda excellent 

4 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

I've had rubbish cars before and learned to live with them because of excellent service from the dealer. i think, thou, one needs to visit a Lexus dealer to see how a car is put together properly with excellent paintwork

i don't think Toyota know how to paint a car, as in my time with Mitsubishi and Mazda the paintwork was bad also but the cars themselves in the case of Mazda excellent 

I had a Lexus CT for 5 years before I moved back to Toyota. My C-HR is pretty good tbh, but the MK4 Yaris is well below what I expect from Toyota.

Unfortunately, my wife cannot afford a Lexus and why she went for the Yaris. When my C-HR is ready for a change, it will be a Lexus UX I replace it with. Built in Japan. 💪

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Starensis said:

I had a Lexus CT for 5 years before I moved back to Toyota. My C-HR is pretty good tbh, but the MK4 Yaris is well below what I expect from Toyota.

Unfortunately, my wife cannot afford a Lexus and why she went for the Yaris. When my C-HR is ready for a change, it will be a Lexus UX I replace it with. Built in Japan. 💪

When my C-HR is ready for a change, it will be a Lexus UX I replace it with. Built in Japan. 💪

Good idea makes sense 🙂 

• Thanks 1

I’ve walked around several new ones and not seen anything that rings alarm bells with the paint or the build.  OK it’s not a Lexus but very acceptable at the price point.  I know that a number of cars get damaged in delivery and I tend to think yours is one.  

On 6/26/2022 at 8:47 PM, fourbanks said:

Good idea makes sense 🙂 

Neighbour has one.  Superb build quality and they’ve tweeked it for 23 so good call.  

Yeah, I think you both may have been particularly unlucky, or Friday cars are a real thing :laugh: 

29 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, I think you both may have been particularly unlucky, or Friday cars are a real thing :laugh: 

i'll get to live with it as life is to short. Trying to get anyone at Toyota to understand anything from the top is never going to happen, trying to get anyone at Toyota in the customer service to even understand anything is painful just to listen to. 

As they always say, "i know nothing" and to think these people get paid for what 

i'm just glad my daughter whose been working for the UK government saw sense and has now quit the country for Australia. That's education for you, of which i never had, hence i'm still here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, anchorman said:

I’ve walked around several new ones and not seen anything that rings alarm bells with the paint or the build.  OK it’s not a Lexus but very acceptable at the price point.  I know that a number of cars get damaged in delivery and I tend to think yours is one.  

Exactly! I’ve done the same and ours is nothing like those I’ve walked around.

2 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Exactly! I’ve done the same and ours is nothing like those I’ve walked around.

Just you and me, Adam. it's a pain, but i think our age and the standards we would expect are long gone now and won't be coming back 

17 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

could be worse 

I recall a MK4 Yaris bursting into flames not long ago?

22 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Just you and me, Adam. it's a pain, but i think our age and the standards we would expect are long gone now and won't be coming back 

I’m seeing the DP tomorrow, so will see what happens, however, can’t wait until we can move to one car - and that will be a Lexus. 👍

When when is meant to happen it will happen to Lexus , Bentley or Mercedes. It’s just a bad luck I believe with the Yaris and not met expectations with the Corolla case, which I believe has nothing wrong or different from all other Corollas, these days cars are not as well made as they use to be. 

The sad thing is that nothing is made as well as it used to be. I blame the bean counters who are forever trying to cut costs 

• Like 1

Had a meeting with DP today and had a lengthy discussion about the issues I’ve experienced.

He thought the car as it is today is in spec. Not going to disagree with him entirely as it has been adjusted, but just not to the standard I expect.

We discussed rejection of car. He wanted car back there and then; expected me to pay the new higher price for a new one, then wait 6/8 months, then expect the new car to be of similar standard. At this point I made it clear what I expected! 🤷🏼‍♂️😡

We agreed rejection was not the way forward, so they offered me a level of a “Goodwill gesture”. First service free - which is already paid for via sales. Errr, no.🤷🏼‍♂️

So I’ve managed to get a front Dashcam and rear chrome scuff plate supplied and fitted for free.

Case closed.

Thanks for all your input and support over the last few months/weeks. 👍

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

When when is meant to happen it will happen to Lexus , Bentley or Mercedes. It’s just a bad luck I believe with the Yaris and not met expectations with the Corolla case, which I believe has nothing wrong or different from all other Corollas, these days cars are not as well made as they use to be. 

My 2018 C-HR is what I’d expect. Different class of car I know, but no complaints with it.

• Like 1