Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P2364

Walter1976

Hi everyone,

I’m new on this forum, yesterday I got my first Toyota, Auris 1.4 d4d. Lovely car to drive but unfortunately today - day after picking up the car Engine light management coming up in the dash. I did plug my ODB reader and O get fault P2364. Does anyone of you have had the similar issue. Thanks a lot.

Did you get it from a dealer or private ?

P2364 is a clogged dpf take it for a long run pref 40+ min and see if it will do a regen cycle, these diesels do not like short journeys (most diesels 2009/2010 onwards tbh) it clogs the DPF and fouls the EGR

unless you are doing 15-20k+ miles a year, you're in for some headaches

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got this car from a dealer, 57k, engine light management on after driving only 40 miles. The car drive smoothly, good idle, just engine light management on, I plugged my cheap ODB reader I got this fault p2364. I just dropped the car to the dealership this morning…. Let see finger crossed 🤞 nothing serious 

Is the car under any kind of warranty?

If not you can get dpfs cleaned out, a lot of places do it now.

• Thanks 1

if its been stood and only taken on test drives it more than likely needs a forced regen

• Thanks 1

The car is under warranty, let see what the dealer is going to tell me tomorrow. The car has been stood for a while l, had a test drive 10 min. only was everything perfect. Hopefully they do a good regen and problem sorted out

Most likely was showing a fault code when traded in and the dealer just cleared it without fixing the problem.

I always run my previous diesel vehicles on Shell Vpower and made sure that they were taken on a long trip, usually up to Aberdeen on a regular basis and opened up.

As a previous post they do not like constant short journeys and the EGR may now be clogged and need cleaned or replaced.

No problem if under warranty 👍

• Thanks 1

Aye, get the dealer to regen it then just take it for an Itailan tune up every so often.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, don't be afraid to drive it hard - Diesels want to be loaded and it's the only way to get them good and hot, and when they're good and hot that's where they're most efficient and healthiest.

(Petrols too, but they waste so much energy as heat it's not normally a problem for them :laugh: )

• Thanks 1

Hi, just had some update from the dealership and apparently its just the dpf sensor which is not reading properly. Fingers crossed 🤞. Thanks to all of you for your feedbacks, I really appreciate it.

• Like 1