Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 Yaris - A very handy feature

CPN

I just discovered a very handy feature for use in the hotter weather that we get in the summer on my Yaris Launch Edition. It's described on page 132 of the manual... (but I had to enable it using Techstream)

image.thumb.png.f1ddd617b2ac6226b577ca2be823944f.png

Very useful when the car has been standing in the sun parked up for a while and of course it's like an oven inside. With this customisation, it's a simple matter of a long press on the unlock button and "hey presto!" all of the windows wind down to fully open and to let all that heat out instantly! How neat is that?! 😁 (as the old saying goes "RTFM"!)

It is also useful for if you forget to close any open windows after you've got out of the car since a long press on the lock button will automatically close any open windows at the same time as the car is locked! I just love my Yaris! 🤣😍

• Like 1

(of course, if you don't have Techstream, the local dealer should be able to do the same thing for you)

Video here

• Like 1

Yeah, one of the first things I got the dealer to do when I had it serviced! Very handy, just hold lock/unlock until the windows has risen/lowered to the desired height.

Wish I'd done it earlier as I'd forgotten to close the windows once and had to go out in the pouring rain, unlock the car, get in, put it in Ready mode, raise the windows, then turn it all off again and run back through the rain :laugh: 

I don't get why any of the dealer-only customization options can't be configurable via the headunit or MFD - They're not safety things like the airbags or seatbelt warnings...

Say, since you have Techstream, are there any other 'hidden' settings than can be tweaked for the Mk4? :naughty: 

4 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Wish I'd done it earlier as I'd forgotten to close the windows once and had to go out in the pouring rain, unlock the car, get in, put it in Ready mode, raise the windows, then turn it all off again and run back through the rain :laugh: 

🤣🤣

I don't get why any of the dealer-only customization options can't be configurable via the headunit or MFD - They're not safety things like the airbags or seatbelt warnings...

Indeed, I don't get it either. All of these things should be available on the headunit under errr... let me think? Customization? 😉

Say, since you have Techstream, are there any other 'hidden' settings than can be tweaked for the Mk4? :naughty: 

Trust me, I am searching through a lot😉

• Like 1