Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Random queries (PHEV)

Flatcoat

The satnav has a significant number of roads ‘missing’.

cannot connect iPhone to CarPlay (or whatever it is called).

When opening the car only the drivers door unlocks such I have to open that door and unlock the car fully from the button on the door. 

Any clues to the above solutions? 

The maps tend to be somewhat out of date in my view especially with new build areas.

You can only connect Android Auto/CarPlay via a USB cable connected to the single USB socket in the front cubby hole.

You can change door opening setting by logging into your My Toyota online account (via web browser) there is a section to customise various options.

5 minutes ago, ernieb said:

You can change door opening setting by logging into your My Toyota online account (via web browser) there is a section to customise various options.

For the door unlocking question specifically:

My Toyota > Vehicle Settings >

Screenshot 2022-04-23 203027.png

and select the "All doors" option

Also see page 629 of car manual, downloaded also via the My Toyota log in, Owned Vehicle. This allows you to customise a wide range of functions.

22 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

The satnav has a significant number of roads ‘missing’.

You may need to be a little more specific ... ?

The 'latest' maps - so currently 2022 v1 - probably reflect the true state of the roads about a year before. Changes to road layout and new roads won't appear for about 12 months ...

If it is one or more longer established road that you find missing please share.

The roads missing are centuries old….. why is this car so unintuitive? Using a USB as instructed…. Why online just to change a door locking sequence? Really?! 

22 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Why online just to change a door locking sequence? Really?! 

The door lock settings can also be changed using the navigation system or multimedia system (or by the dealer)

image.thumb.png.584ded92935a7c962f81d45ac572ea00.png

I just find the online option easiest ...

9 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

The roads missing are centuries old….. why is this car so unintuitive? Using a USB as instructed…. Why online just to change a door locking sequence? Really?! 

Adrian, please show a couple of the roads that are missing, I'm assuming they are roads and not tracks?

The optimisation is clunky, but it is what it is and the rest of us don't know any more than you do why Toyota has set things up this way.  The duplication of methods can be confusing but does allow for some drivers who may not be so happy to delve into the MID or Head Unit settings just to log onto the MyToyota car page.

I tend to look at page 629 of the manual and take it from there, it took me a few head scratching hours to figure it out when I first got the car. 

I’ll add to this.

Mode selector dial has no illumination? I was under the impression it glowed different colours depending on the mode. Or is this only when the lights are on? 

2 minutes ago, Bcc212 said:

I’ll add to this.

Mode selector dial has no illumination? I was under the impression it glowed different colours depending on the mode. Or is this only when the lights are on? 

The manual states:

The color of the switch changes according to the selected driving mode. (AWD models with 7-inch multi-information display)

Also:

The background color of the multi-information display changes according to the selected driving mode.

1 hour ago, Bcc212 said:

Hmmm mine does not!

So, I had to go out to check ... the centre of the selector dial lights up white in Normal mode, green for Eco and red for Sport. It's not excessively bright but clearly visible and distinct from 'off'. The car is in the garage, so the lights come on automatically I switch to Ready mode - I haven't tried in good sunlight with the lights 'off' (and there's no way of switching the lights 'off' these days).

Have you checked with the lights on?

• Like 1

Sorted door locking, thanks.
One of the missing roads is part of the A6 between Buxton and Bakewell…… 

Still trying to get Apple CarPlay to connect and then I can use Waze or Copilot or Googlemaps….. 

6 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Still trying to get Apple CarPlay to connect and then I can use Waze or Copilot or Googlemaps….. 

That seems bizarre. For me it was a case of plugging it in (front USB) and then pressing accept on the phone and always enable on the car screen. 

10 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

wow, I’ll check that out next week, I use this road regularly and have never noticed, thanks.

Re the CarPlay issue, I seem to recall reading it needs an Apple lead to ensure successful connectivity. Will order one and see if it helps. 

I’ve never used an Apple cable and mine works perfectly. It’s likely to be disabled either on your phone or in the car. 

5 hours ago, philip42h said:

So, I had to go out to check ... the centre of the selector dial lights up white in Normal mode, green for Eco and red for Sport. It's not excessively bright but clearly visible and distinct from 'off'. The car is in the garage, so the lights come on automatically I switch to Ready mode - I haven't tried in good sunlight with the lights 'off' (and there's no way of switching the lights 'off' these days).

Have you checked with the lights on?

Please see video. This was just now with lights on. 

25 minutes ago, Bcc212 said:

Please see video. This was just now with lights on. 

IMG_1968.MOV 15.34 MB · 0 downloads  

The movie shows two things:

1. You are driving a PHEV (whereas my experience is of a HEV). You might want to update your profile to be explicit as to the model and grade you are driving.
  2. Your Mode switch certainly doesn't light up!

The owners manual for a MY22 PHEV states:

The color of the switch changes according to the selected driving mode. (On some models)

... and, apparently, not on yours ... 😞

The PHEV Dynamic version does light up.  Ben, is you car a PHEV Design model?

• Like 1

That's $1 dollar saved on not lighting up the mode selector knob, excellent job Toyota! 

3 minutes ago, kucyk said:

That's $1 dollar saved on not lighting up the mode selector knob, excellent job Toyota! 

I’m not even sure they would have saved anything, I can not believe they have a none illuminated stock item just for the ‘design’ version.  I’d be pretty sure it’s there just not connected or configured?

Just checked my2022 Excel, the center of the switch illuminates but you can hardly see it in day light, it is much easier to tell by the surround of the speedo (in analog mode).