Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ordered a new Yaris, but now want to change colour

ParisYaris

I am considering amending the colour of my car, however order has been submitted a few weeks ago.  What can I do and will it affect the delivery date?

You need to speak to the dealer you placed the order with.

Do dealers normally cancel the existing order and create a new order, or do they just amend the existing order with the colour that I want.  My estimate delivery will be in September, so I presume it is yet been built.

Has anyone made any amendments to their order once submitted to the factory?

I would guess seeing how popular the Yaris is, the dealer will likely place a new order for your change of colour.

The original order vehicle should sell easily enough once it arrives.

You need to speak to your dealer / salesperson.

They are unable to change the colour once ordered so will need to be a new order.

I found this out after the dealer ordered my Yaris in the wrong colour.

I ordered a Yaris Cross in Decuma Grey in October last year and 2 weeks later asked the dealer if I could change it to Galactic Blue and was told that was ok. When the car arrived in the UK in March 2022 it caused a bit of a stir because all the paperwork said it was blue but the vehicle was grey. This had implications for licensing the car and the salesman had to raise the issue with Toyota to get it sorted after I had decided to accept the colour. At the moment Toyota customer relations  have gone quiet and I have heard nothing of a goodwill gesture on their behalf. Beware of possible confusion.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links