Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross head unit

Geoff777

Does anyone have a full working knowledge of the head unit in a Yaris Cross?

Such as: why is it telling me my username or password is incorrect. And, how do I fix it?

How do I change the number of doors that unlock when opening with door handle sensors.

Can “hold” be permanently enabled? Or is there a good reason not to do this?

Are the different camera views when manoeuvring programmable? If so, how?

Some guidance from someone who’s figured these things out would be gratefully received. I have tried to decipher the manual, but have come to the conclusion it is written by people who understand it, to other people who also understand it. So they’ve just glossed over the instructions, and avoided too much detail.

11 hours ago, Geoff777 said:

Does anyone have a full working knowledge of the head unit in a Yaris Cross?

Such as: why is it telling me my username or password is incorrect. And, how do I fix it?

How do I change the number of doors that unlock when opening with door handle sensors.

Can “hold” be permanently enabled? Or is there a good reason not to do this?

Are the different camera views when manoeuvring programmable? If so, how?

User name & password - not seen that try registering again with the My T app.

Doors unlock - you can't as far as I'm aware, in will open all doors.

Brake hold - you can't, was the same on the Corolla I had, annoying but you have to select it each time you switch on the car.

Camera - if you have just the reversing camera thats it, if you have the city pack with the 360° camera from what I have read that is also fixed, when selected it shows you out the back and a 360° of the car, that's all.

For the door locking, have a look in the owners handbook in the Customizable features section - it maybe something that can be adjusted via the touch screen OR it may need plugging in.

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

For the door locking, have a look in the owners handbook in the Customizable features section - it maybe something that can be adjusted via the touch screen OR it may need plugging in.

Customisation starts on page 498 of the manual, nothing in there about selecting the number of doors that unlock, you're stuck with all of them!

Hold, 'good reason', I have yet to one. 

The only thing I have noticed is when stopped on Brake Hold, after a period of time Brake Hold is cancelled and the EPB is applied. When the accelerator is pressed EPB releases the same as BH 

7 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Hold, 'good reason', I have yet to one. 

The only thing I have noticed is when stopped on Brake Hold, after a period of time Brake Hold is cancelled and the EPB is applied. When the accelerator is pressed EPB releases the same as BH 

Normally after 3 minutes of brake hold the electronic parking brake takes over - according to the owners manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links