Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My car is no more, written off by insurance due to an incident whilst parked up friday night.

Vickybo

😆😒

Lets wait and see what they offer me for the loss.

Thank you all for your help in the past.

Victor C

IMG_20220423_195111.jpg

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that happened. See what they will offer and if the car is  in generally good mechanical condition you may buy back from them and get it fixed privately. If suspension it’s not affected all you may need is a new rear door, bumper and tyre, the rest seems to me can be repaired. 
Good luck 🤞 

• Thanks 1

What is the damage?  Is it as Tony says? 

I had a brush crash, side to side in snow.  We both did our own repairs without claiming.  It looked worse than that but at my mileage and age it was 'beyond economical repair' as far as insurance went.

Looks more like a scuff than an accident.

Considering you know the state of the car, and buying another car now is a nightmare, i'd try to get it fixed.

• Like 1

The rear door is done for, the front door will need bodywork and paint, paint into the rear 1/4 and blend into the bumper 

Trade value £1500-2500

• Thanks 1

Really sorry to hear about this, I hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, flash22 said:

The rear door is done for, the front door will need bodywork and paint, paint into the rear 1/4 and blend into the bumper 

Trade value £1500-2500

I was T-boned a 6 years ago, and then, for what amounts to less damage, "only" the rear door needed repairing, plus the respray/blend, it cost roughly £3500 (covered by insurance). That looks like a steep investment on a car that wouldn't be worth more than £2500. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, furtula said:

Looks more like a scuff than an accident.

Considering you know the state of the car, and buying another car now is a nightmare, i'd try to get it fixed.

Hence, why it was written off - insurance parts prices are oem retail prices, 1 bare door can be £1200

a used door - £150

Paint - £6-700

Misc - £300

• Thanks 1

Thanks for suggestions but ive sunk enough money into that car i think this will be the end, remember its the valvematic auto (not true automatic) prone to rough running. The only good thing about it  was that it was ULEZ compliant, ill save the money and use my Zipcar membership when necessary.

• Like 1

Victor, I hope you get a good cash settlement then. 

Just seen the back end pic, oh dear

that won't buff out

door, rear 1/4 inner and outer, Tailgate, rear valance, rear light, Alloy, looks like a slight kink in the 1/4 slash roof, more than likely it needs a rear beam as well,

that is beyond salvage, it's a parts car

• Thanks 2

Flash, ah, from the first pic I thought T-Cut. 

My MiL, in a Nissan Micro had just stopped outside her granddaughter's house and her daughter had just got out when she was rear ended. 

Visible damage was slight but the shock load was considerable and the car written off.  My MiL had to undergo several physio sessions. 

• Sad 1

Oh dear, mmt gearbox I would say you have been lucky, just take what they will offer and look forward for something better. If you think returning to Toyota in the future only hybrids or full Evs especially when you live in London. 👍

Bad luck there 😯

Is it a claim on your insurance only,or did the other car driver own up/get caught/other ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links