Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV4 PHEV EV Range

Hayzee

I know this has been discussed before, but having had mine since March 1st, I've seen the estimated EV range increase as the weather has warmed up (not surprising).

Just wondered what sort of EV range people are seeing. I know this is 'how long is a piece of string etc' but mine is now regularly showing around 53 miles with A/C and  seems to be largely confirmed with actual useage. Very impressed.

• Like 1

I’ve only had mine 6 days and I have consistently achieved 48 miles of range.

Mine is used daily for work purposes and usually I pick the most direct route. I’m seeing this range on journeys including fast dual carriageway stints, as well as slower town driving.

Incredibly impressive, especially as I was expecting around 35-40. 

Had mine about 6 weeks. Full charge suggests just over 50 miles and I have found the estimates to be pretty accurate.

Just coming up to 1K miles, £30 of petrol used so far - and lots of sunshine from my solar panels!

Similar to Nick 50 - 54 with AC/heating. As it warms up you should get nearer to achieving the estimated range depending on driving style. I’ve had estimates in the high 50’s with AC in the summer.

One thing worth remembering is that is that cabin conditioning works really well in the summer it’s great to get into a car that is already cool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ernieb said:

One thing worth remembering is that is that cabin conditioning works really well in the summer it’s great to get into a car that is already cool.

Ernie....do you use conditioning only when plugged in or without as well? If the latter do you know what sort of mileage you lose for say 10-15 mins conditioning?

• Like 1

Colin, I use both the tethered and traction Battery only. If I use say the full 20mins I loose a couple of miles range but that depends on the ambient temperature  and how I’ve set the cabin temperature. I tend to leave the controls set at 20/21oC.

It’s worth the range reduction when it’s really warm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Ernie....do you use conditioning only when plugged in or without as well? If the latter do you know what sort of mileage you lose for say 10-15 mins conditioning?

It will be minimal when comparing powering those big powerful motors against a relatively small heat pump.

I don't know the exact figures but the heat pump, I think, will be around 1kw. In 15 mins that's about 0.25kw of consumption. Assuming you get around 3.5 miles per kWh, that's about 0.9 miles.

Just to note, the heat pump in the PHEV is about 3-4 times more efficient than a heat block or ceramic type heater. It might use a bit more power if you use the front and rear demisters but I'd still expect it to be fairly minimal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1