Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2022 V1 update

Rosgoe

Anyone had problems with the Toyota website trying to download the update to mapping . Clicked on accept terms and conditions and ticked the box but that’s it will not go to next page to download have tried different browsers.

The website is worse than useless most of the time I have had problems before do they actually read the comments  (how can we improve this page)😡

4 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Anyone had problems with the Toyota website trying to download the update to mapping . Clicked on accept terms and conditions and ticked the box but that’s it will not go to next page to download have tried different browsers.

The website is worse than useless most of the time I have had problems before do they actually read the comments  (how can we improve this page)😡

Doh! Just realised there are two checkboxes works now it’s a sod getting older !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

Doh! Just realised there are two checkboxes works now it’s a sod getting older !

It's not your fault. It is one of the worst designed and implemented eCommerce sites I know of.

• Like 1

Don't feel bad. It took me about three weeks to realise I had access to free 2022v1 maps. It was only by chance that I clicked the maps, marked at £119 and on the next page it showed as "Free via Map Car"

So, to cut a long story short, I finally managed to update my maps to the latest version

• Like 2

It has taken me three days to update 2022v1 trying something different each day to find the download, so here are some things the web site will not tell you. The web site is hopeless.  I have discovered that to find your satnav ID you need to be connected to WiFi. I used the local library car park open WiFi hub. Connect to WifI and once connected go to Settings>Online in the car console. Once you have the satnav ID it can be registered online on your computer and you can then search for the latest update and add it to your basket, even though it is free for the first three years. You will not be charged. Next look in the purchases tab. Behold a download! Moke a note of the activation code and download it. Extract it to a flash drive. Once inserted in the car (wait, wait wait for it to verify the files) it will ask you for the activation code. I was told I had to drive for 90 minutes but you can stop and continue apparently.

4 hours ago, kochanski said:

It has taken me three days to update 2022v1 trying something different each day to find the download, so here are some things the web site will not tell you. The web site is hopeless.  I have discovered that to find your satnav ID you need to be connected to WiFi. .........

More accurately, you need to be connected to the internet. You can also do that by connecting your phone to the car and using the phone's internet connection. You also do not have to drive around while the map updates. You can sit in the car reading the paper with the car in 'ready' mode. If you turn off the Aircon, the engine will probably only come on a couple of times. Took just over a hour for me.

Hi

My car is connected to my home wifi and the other day a message pop up on my screen that there is a map update. From my car settings I've managed to upgrade my map without using flash drive and purchasing online. Its actually quicker. 

Hope it help

Was that the full 12.5gb update?

I can only see things in the store relating to the Toyota Touch 2 with go that my Yaris had which I swapped for the Corolla. There isn't a clear way to change this and there is nothing to register my car's infotainment.....

On 5/4/2022 at 9:01 PM, RabButler said:

Was that the full 12.5gb update?

HI 

Not sure but it did take some time to download and install

thanks

My dealer tells me that for My22 vehicles with the latest info system, map updates are automatic over the air, so we don't need to do anything.

1 hour ago, Tel_man said:

My dealer tells me that for My22 vehicles with the latest info system, map updates are automatic over the air, so we don't need to do anything.

That's my understanding on the new info system too. But I don't have a MY22 Corolla at present.

How many people actually use the Toyota maps? Personally I just plug my phone in an use either Google or Apple. Am I missing something? When I drove round Sheffield a couple of months ago I tried the Toyota maps and it was very slow in the city centre. 

The new info system is way faster than the old one. Very usable now, and avoids having to use your phone data allowance 

On 5/7/2022 at 9:32 PM, DogDayz said:

How many people actually use the Toyota maps? Personally I just plug my phone in an use either Google or Apple. Am I missing something? When I drove round Sheffield a couple of months ago I tried the Toyota maps and it was very slow in the city centre. 

It worked well enough for me for three years. Graphics look a bit cartoony but it does what is required. I've now switched to Google Maps because I'm out of the free update window. They both have their good and bad points - Google Maps speed limits are not as accurate.

I use mine all the time.