Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis coolant leak air con?

Raddragon

I wondered if anyone had suggestions. Not sure if wear or tear. Our car went in for some minor collision repair (literally a small dent) on the front right side panel where the wheel well is. They had the car for two days and im not sure if they removed panels or parts in engine bay. This panel is located right next to the radiator overflow tank - see picture.

I was driving the car and noticed a weird squeaking coming out of the aircon and what I think was a swish sound. This is followed by a small drip from the driver footwell heater. It seems to happen when turning left.

I also noted the coolant was low and topped this up. I immediately took the car for a test drive with air con on. On the left hand turn the issue happened again and a little more than the regular drip landed on my foot. It doesnt appear to be soaked around the drivers floor.

Could this be due to the repair, or is something else in play here? Its a 2014 ZRT272 petrol avensis.

20220401_161757.jpg

Ive just used my car this morning and the front passenger floor is soaked. Any suggestions?

You could check under the bonnet to make sure the drain on the air scuttle is clear as it could be a build up of rainwater.

Thanks for the suggestion. Ill have a look. Anything else it could be?

It was a combination of two things. Blocked ac drain which resulted in water filling the heaterbox which overflowed onto the passenger floor.  Once unblocked I understand from the techs litres of water poured out.

Coolant issue was water pump leak which was caught very early. So two totally unrelated things. 

I had a failing water pump on my Valvematic and changed the pump and belt myself. 

It was not difficult to do and I did a lot of preparation before doing the work - parts, tools, coolant and de-ionised water. Unfortunately I cannot say much for the diesel version.

• Like 1

I left it to the pros. Been a great car, but i just dont have the time.

15 hours ago, Raddragon said:

It was a combination of two things. Blocked ac drain which resulted in water filling the heaterbox which overflowed onto the passenger floor.  Once unblocked I understand from the techs litres of water poured out.

Coolant issue was water pump leak which was caught very early. So two totally unrelated things. 

quick question on your 2014 toyota avensis where actually is the ac drain located please is it easy to get to or have to jack up the car plus how did you unblock the drain with a wire coat hanger was it by chance 

28 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

quick question on your 2014 toyota avensis where actually is the ac drain located please is it easy to get to or have to jack up the car plus how did you unblock the drain with a wire coat hanger was it by chance 

By tech, i meant the Toyota Technicians at the dealer. I wasnt kidding, I have very little time so I didnt stick around for the repair.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links