Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid fan filter

Starensis

Has anyone bothered to remove their Hybrid Battery fan filter and clean it?

I did mine today - probably first time in 4 years it’s been done, unless they clean it during Hybrid Health check?

Easy job to remove panel, remove filter from panel, vacuum filter and grille on panel, then replace it all. Took me 10 mins in all. Worth doing now and then.

If anyone was wondering - it’s located under Passenger side rear seat. One scrivet clip to remove first, then pry panel from same end. Filter only really sits onto panel via some lugs. Vacuum it all clean, then replace. 

One other job I did was change rear wiper blade, but arm broke somehow whilst doing it. Plastic could have become brittle over the 4+ years since new. £48 for a new arm from Toyota! Blade still sits in, so see how it goes. 🥴

• Thanks 1

Out of curiosity how dirty was it? I've cleaned mine once so far but it felt a bit pointless as you couldn't tell the difference before and afterwards!

Might have a look this weekend to see if some dust has actually accumulated this time! :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Out of curiosity how dirty was it? I've cleaned mine once so far but it felt a bit pointless as you couldn't tell the difference before and afterwards!

Might have a look this weekend to see if some dust has actually accumulated this time! :laugh: 

It wasn’t dirty at all, but worth checking and a quick clean.

I checked the fan also. It was quite clean.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Interesting, My CHR is in for it's 40,000 mile service today, Toyota garage asking £45 for a hybrid Battery filter clean, We bought the car last year and have done 4,000 miles, I am guessing when they did the service  before we took delivery this was not picked up, or just left knowing they could have my pants down a year later. 

I’d tell them to do one! It’s a 10 min job - at most. DIY.

They are not that dirty either, so £45 to do nothing is really a piss take.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Starensis said:

I’d tell them to do one! It’s a 10 min job - at most. DIY.

They are not that dirty either, so £45 to do nothing is really a ***** take.

Just spoken with them a new filter is £18, and like you day a 10 min job, then the service department informed me it had a new one last year!!!!!

3 hours ago, Andy owl said:

Just spoken with them a new filter is £18, and like you day a 10 min job, then the service department informed me it had a new one last year!!!!!

You can just open the grill, check and clean and if very dirty eventually buy a new one and replace, save yourself some cash and discover the car more 👌🚗