Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris rear caliper part

Perfection

Does anyone have any recommendation on a brand for the Auris?

The current part has a failure such that when the hand brake is applied (the cable is connected to the caliper) the piston does moves and hence no pressure applied to the pads. The caliper is not seized as it works with the foot brake.

Bosch and Toyota brand is almost £150 each. Pagid is about half of that. Any comment in Pagid brand?

PAGID is a well known brand, and it's been around for a long time now...

A popular brake brand. Seems OK. Better wait for other users input...

Since the above post, I had looked into more details with regards to getting the Pagid part but noticed it has a surcharge of and I need to return the old caliper. I then looked at another option is to buy used parts from breakers. The price is about the same but is it too risky for a faulty or how much life has it got left?

Other option is another brand from gfs, Bendix, which is similar price to Pagid after discount and returning the old part.

What are the best option you think?

You don't say which model you have, but afaik e15 and e18 rears are all the same.  They're less than 40 squid delivered on fleabay, new and no exchange reqd.

Has the cable snapped, or the end come off, does the arm on the caliper move with the hand brake, does it still have the return spring

going off the rough info on here, 2014 Auris Hybrid (Hatch ?)

RH 47830-02261 (previously 47830-02260)

LH 47850-02281 (previously 47850-02280)

TMD friction aka Textar, Mintex, Pagid and a few others, core charge is £25-30 refunded on return of the old part

Yes it is the 2014 1.8 hybrid hatchback.

Is there a known problem with the earlier part number? 

The cable moves but the piston does not moves, cable is not broken. But piston moves when foot brake applied.

There is usually a reason for the part being substituted

the caliper uses a cam to lock the piston for the hand brake. i take it, the pads and disc is ok

i would suspect the self adjuster what adjusts as the pads wear is iffy or someone has pushed the piston back in instead of winding it back as they should, busting the adjuster

The car failed the mot last year because the handbrake does not work on the rear left. As the AR was coming up for a full service, I had it serviced by Toyota Dealer and I mentioned that they need to look the rear left brake as the handbrake does not work. This year the same mot tester failed it and said the same thing. So I am so disappointed that the dealer did not fix it and they pass the mot.  Basically only one rear wheel is effective with the handbrake. 

So this is the reason I am trying to repair it myself this time as I can't rely on the dealer. I am glad I occasionally uses independent mot tester.