Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla hybrid 2021 parking assist malfunction and pre collision light on help .

Abid ABS

Scanner shows scanner saying c1ae187 ultrasonic sensor (front left corner) missing , but its there its brand new

Either a computer problem or a sensor problem. Either way it's under warranty so it's a dealer problem.

• Like 1

Duplicate topic deleted.

Its a car I bought from auction slight damaged fixed it up only got 130 miles from new would it still be under warranty ? I've not got any original invoice apart from log book 

Buying a car from auction is insane unless you're a trader. That said, yea the warranty covers manufacturing faults  for 5years/100k miles no matter where you bought it. Take it to a Toyota dealer and they should fix it for free 

• Like 1

best bet is to just check with a main dealer, i think it should still be covered with warranty. 

Right I will definitely ask .. but honestly I'd prefer to fix it myself 25 years experience mechanic with latest diagnostic programming equipment.  But this has me.. out of curiosity do parking sensors need coding or re setting 

So the error message on my diagnostic report scanner saying c1ae187 ultrasonic sensor (front left corner) missing , but its there and I've fitted a new sensor swapped it round with right side problem does not follow 

and with tech stream the code is b1350

13 hours ago, Abid ABS said:

Its a car I bought from auction slight damaged fixed it up only got 130 miles from new would it still be under warranty ? I've not got any original invoice apart from log book 

Not sure about the warranty. You previously posted about lost keys and replacing the keys and ECU yourself.

This throws up some doubt as to the history of the car and whether it is an insurance write off, stolen recovered, or similar. In which case the new car warranty could no longer be valid.

Aside from that, depending when the car was first registered, the length of the new car warranty, if still applicable, could be either 5 years/100,000 miles (if first registered before June 2021), or 3 years/60,000 miles (if first registered on or after 1st June 2021).

More information needed.

• Like 1

So yes I managed to change smart key ecu and I'd box along with keys all vin numbers are present and correct millage is as is still 130 miles from new owners on log book none build date 9 2021 .car is a listed damaged car . All parts bought from toyota .not sure if warranty will apply still .. what about the error code .any input on that any suggestions I'm happy to attempt to fix myself 

Edited by Abid ABS

On 4/30/2022 at 11:00 AM, Abid ABS said:

car is a listed damaged car .

?

So are you saying it is an insurance write off?? Which write off category does the V5C show - C, D, N or S (which are repairable categories) ????

If so, the new car warranty will be void.

• Like 1