Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAV 4 2013 Power tailgate

Jonburns

On my 2013 RAV 4 Invincible I can use the keyboard and dash button to operate the power tailgate. However if I press the little button on the tailgate it only locks the doors where previously it has opened the tailgate. Any ideas, anyone?

Please update your profile to include the Rav4.

On my Rav the little button only locks the vehicle, it has never opened the tailgate.

It's the large button next to it that opens the tailgate.

• Like 1

Yeah was gonna say, there should be another, different, button that does the unlocking!

• Like 1

On my 2013 Icon pressing the large pad / button on the tailgate caused it to open or close. There was no "little button" since the Icon lacked smart entry.

This was one of the things that confused me initially when I got my current car since pressing the button only locked the doors rather than opening the tailgate - yes, I was pressing the "wrong button" but you can't see the buttons when the tailgate is closed!

I suspect that the Invincible has smart entry and Jon has simply hit the  "wrong button" as suggested above ... Probably best to have a good look when the tailgate is open! 😉

• Like 1

Update....found the tailgate button next to the locking button. I didn't realise it had a button on the tailgate. I wonder what other 'little gems' I'll find with the Invincible spec.

Thanks everyone for your help.

• Like 1