Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Touring Sports Trek vs Excel

BigLad_

Hi Folks,

Firstly hello and thanks for having me as a new member!

I'm considering buying a new Corolla Touring Sports 2.0 but am getting different info from a dealer about the Trek vs Excel models (I've been on the compare pages etc)

My understanding was the Excel was the top of the line model, however a local dealer is saying the Trek is the top of the line model?

Heres my wish list and i'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback from those of you in the know and/or who have had these models?

2.0 Petrol/Hybrid
Leather seats
Rear camera, parking sensors
Head Up Display (I believe this is only on the GR which is annoying!)
Adaptive Radar Cruise Control
Satnav with Bluetooth/Android Auto
Auto lights/wipers
LED Headlights
Electric Boot Opening (ideally)
Sunroof (ideally)
360 cameras (ideally)
Blindspot Detection (ideally)

Any extra info is very welcome!

Thanks

The Trek is listed as a special edition, whereas the Excel 2.0 Touring Sport is the top model on price.010510_VPL_CVPL_MAR_66_PAGES.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigLad_ said:

Hi Folks,

Firstly hello and thanks for having me as a new member!

I'm considering buying a new Corolla Touring Sports 2.0 but am getting different info from a dealer about the Trek vs Excel models (I've been on the compare pages etc)

My understanding was the Excel was the top of the line model, however a local dealer is saying the Trek is the top of the line model?

Heres my wish list and i'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback from those of you in the know and/or who have had these models?

2.0 Petrol/Hybrid
Leather seats
Rear camera, parking sensors
Head Up Display (I believe this is only on the GR which is annoying!)
Adaptive Radar Cruise Control
Satnav with Bluetooth/Android Auto
Auto lights/wipers
LED Headlights
Electric Boot Opening (ideally)
Sunroof (ideally)
360 cameras (ideally)
Blindspot Detection (ideally)

Any extra info is very welcome!

Thanks

As Frosty said, the Trek is a special edition. However, some of those options aren't even available on the Corolla full-stop regardless of the spec.
Personally, based on your wishlist, I'd go for the Excel and option the pan-roof.

The only things that you can't have are the BSM, 360 Camera, as they're not on the Corolla, and the HUD, as it's GR only as you've said.

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

Thanks that was the same conclusion I was coming to also, no idea why the dealer was saying I couldnt get a pan-roof on any models...

Having had a HUD on my CX-5 for 6 years I cant understand why Toyota don't even offer it as an option!

Pan roof might add extra time on to your order.

It's up to Toyota UK which models have which equipment & available options.

It is a bit annoying certain equipment isn't available on certain trim levels OR because it's a UK spec Corolla.

• Like 2

may be thinking a bit basic,but do all models have hill hold/start? it's been a boon for me,living in the hills.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, loz8 said:

may be thinking a bit basic,but do all models have hill hold/start? it's been a boon for me,living in the hills.

Yes pretty sure all new corollas have hold hill start but you engage it via a switch it then engages every time you come to a stop after a couple of seconds until you disengage again via the switch. It also keeps the brake lights on.

• Like 1

Between these two is a tough choice. Trek is high spec trim with extras that others doesn’t have plus it’s  3cm higher than all other specs and equipped if you put a good all season tyres it will be a great for winter driving too. The plastic surround are stone chips proof and also useful. I do like it a lot and I think it’s one of the best option as TS and 2.0 engine. Excel does have sport seats, I don’t know if these sport seats are more comfortable than the trek and design variants, if someone has tried both models can share information.  
Thanks 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigLad_ said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks that was the same conclusion I was coming to also, no idea why the dealer was saying I couldnt get a pan-roof on any models...

Having had a HUD on my CX-5 for 6 years I cant understand why Toyota don't even offer it as an option!

Bare in mind we are a UK based forum so answer we give are likely based on UK specifications and as your profile suggests you are not UK based your local omporter may have different specifications, where are you based

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Bare in mind we are a UK based forum so answer we give are likely based on UK specifications and as your profile suggests you are not UK based your local omporter may have different specifications, where are you based

I'm based in the UK too, so all relevant thanks :)

7 hours ago, Rosgoe said:

Yes pretty sure all new corollas have hold hill start but you engage it via a switch it then engages every time you come to a stop after a couple of seconds until you disengage again via the switch. It also keeps the brake lights on.

That’s not hill hold, that’s auto hold.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kental said:

That’s not hill hold, that’s auto hold.

Do they have both?

I had automatic hill hold on my previous Peugeot vehicle & I much prefer the Toyota brake hold system. 

You as the driver can decide to activate it or not plus you have the tell tale lights on the cluster to show the system status.

• Like 1

On automatic car why would you need hill hold assist, you can just do left foot on brake - right foot on accelerator, simple trick works every time 👌

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigLad_ said:

Do they have both?

Yes, Hill Start assist is automatic, Auto hold is a button near gearstick

• Like 1

I have a MY21 TREK, my two previous cars were Auris Exel Touring Sports, so obvious choice for me would have been Exel spec Corolla but opted for the TREK and have absolutely no regrets.

I don't directly think of them in same way as e.g., Design trim versus Exel. The TREK has a slightly different market in mind. You are paying extra for the ride height, and the the body and underside protection, so you give up a little bit on some of the other extras as its Special Edition aimed at a certain price point. I prefer the slightly different look and stance of the TREK, but more importantly for me the slightly improved flexibility of use mainly through the ride height. It suits more my use of the car, the roads I use, places I go. I have yet to hear that dreaded scraping noise from bottom of bumper, exhaust etc, from a raised kerb, rough pot holed country car park or tack etc. However, although I've not noticed you no doubt give up a little on handling, but I really don't push the car.

• Like 4

the trek has the sport seats and they ae amaszing

• Like 1

Ouch, just been told that it'll be Feb-23 (even without Pan roof)...