Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Miracast/Screen mirroring

Starensis

I’m just after some confirmation reference WiFi function and screen mirroring on our new Design.

I am I correct in assuming both of these functions are not available unless you have Maps installed?

Wifi function switches on, but Screen Mirroring remains Off. Thought WiFi connection would be to use opposed to in-car system - when available?
I’m probably getting a little confused: my C-HR (with maps), I have to tether to my phone hotspot to enable Fuel, Parking apps etc, which I understand requires maps to route to.

Does Yaris use 4G/5G via phone bluetooth connection? Suppose if you’re connected to Apple CarPlay, system uses phone data.

Can anyone spell it out to an older Neanderthal please? 🥴👍

no wifi without the Nav option on MY22, MY21.5 never had the option full stop

CarPlay uses your Phones data for maps and streaming services - MyT services use the SOS system (aka DCM) to talk to the mothership

9 minutes ago, flash22 said:

no wifi without the Nav option on MY22, MY21.5 never had the option full stop

CarPlay uses your Phones data for maps and streaming services - MyT services use the SOS system (aka DCM) to talk to the mothership

Got it! Thanks.

Screen mirroring/Miracast requires WiFi?

Screen mirroring is done by CarPlay/android auto, Miracast/Mirrorlink is all but dead, that only works via USB (tethered)

the yaris doesn't support wireless carplay but the yaris cross does, not sure if the 2022 yaris with the nav has this option

there are not may ways to get around the 1 USB port issue

i have looked into using the DCM USB with a USB hub - but the plugs are only available as a pre-made harness via a JAE approved supplier - JAE MX68B at the DCM and a MX49 on the Touch 2 - Toyota list the cable as part of the instrument panel loom

if i can get hold of the parts, I can make something up

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Screen mirroring is done by CarPlay/android auto, Miracast/Mirrorlink is all but dead, that only works via USB (tethered)

the yaris doesn't support wireless carplay but the yaris cross does, not sure if the 2022 yaris with the nav has this option

there are not may ways to get around the 1 USB port issue

i have looked into using the DCM USB with a USB hub - but the plugs are only available as a pre-made harness via a JAE approved supplier - JAE MX68B at the DCM and a MX49 on the Touch 2 - Toyota list the cable as part of the instrument panel loom

if i can get hold of the parts, I can make something up

Thanks Bob, appreciate you time and clarification.

Not sure why some of these functions are not disabled when an option is not taken - in this case, Maps.

I suppose, with tethered Apple CarPlay on screen, Miracast/mirroring is not required anyway. Would have been nice to have USB1 and 2 as data ports; if you find a way of doing it, would be worth offering your add-on - if it’s feasible. 👍

Prototypes and low volume numbers do bump up the costs, currently there is only one manufacturer for the MX68B, the MX49 are a more common plug and there are china clone parts

29 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Prototypes and low volume numbers do bump up the costs, currently there is only one manufacturer for the MX68B, the MX49 are a more common plug and there are china clone parts

I’m not desperate for it tbh. It’s my wife’s Yaris, so not sure she’d know what to do with another USB. 😬

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links