Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Front Impact Sensor

DougW

Am trying to locate a Front Impact Sensor for Auris, Toyota Part No. 89173-09420, cannot locate a spare anywhere in the world.  Toyota UK no help and cannot contact Toyota directly to find out what the supply problem is.  A lot of the Toyota sensors look the same but Toyota says it has to be this part number but no explanation as to why, has anyone any ideas?

The car has not been in a collision but diagnostic shows this sensor as bad.

The part is discontinued by Toyota, swap the left and right sensors - disconnect the Battery for 15-20 mins first and see if the fault moves

89173-09420 is a subsitued number, try 89173-09410

have you check the part number of the part on the car ??

The substitution is the other way round, 89173-09410 has changed to 89173-09420, that part is available from Toyota, but back ordered until 20/4

On 4/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Parts-King said:

The substitution is the other way round, 89173-09410 has changed to 89173-09420, that part is available from Toyota, but back ordered until 20/4

The brain didn't connect with the fingers with that one

that should have been...............

89173-09420 is a substituted number for 89173-09410

If it was available aftermarket they tend to list it by the earlier numbers

Auris also comes up with 98173-02050

• 4 weeks later...

Have asked previously without success, I have an Auris (VIN: SB1KC56E00F017379) that needs Toyota part 89173-09420 Front Impact sensor but I cannot purchase anywhere in the world, Toyota says it is on long term backorder with no expected availability date. Toyota also says it has to be this part number with no alternatives.

What I wanted to know is why it has to be this particular part number, what makes this sensor so special or particular to this model as a lot of the other Auris sensors look so identical in appearance.  Toyota cannot/will not give me an answer does anyone have any ideas?

Topics merged.

If you do change them to the other type, change them as a pair but make sure you disconnect the Battery first for 15-20 mins

can you confirm the actual part number on the car ? It looks like the numbers on the label do not correspond to the Toyota epc eg. 89173-02050 that is possibly TRW's number

We are talking about this spare part?1649540962851_bulletin

On 5/2/2022 at 8:32 PM, xrhstosgr said:

We are talking about this spare part?1649540962851_bulletin

Yes that is the part I am talking about.

On 5/2/2022 at 1:08 PM, flash22 said:

Can you confirm the actual part number on the car ? It looks like the numbers on the label do not correspond to the Toyota epc eg. 89173-02050 that is possibly TRW's number

However, many words I can not understand here guys. Am I not translating correctly? What could be wrong?

The Toyota part number may not be the same as the part number on the physical item - this could be the manufacture's part number

the op needs to look at the part on their car

as an example, a mirror switch

Toyota's part number is. 84870-02101, but the only marking on the part is 183779