Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrade android Head unit

Terence L

Hello everyone. Has anyone upgraded the original head unit to an aftermarket Android head unit? Does the upgrade have any effect on the car itself (for example, some functions will fail)? Or are there any proposed models?

There have been similar topic for a bit older models, but most of the units were either straight plug, or you need an adapter cable sold separatelly.

Another thing to pay attention to is, if the unit works with steering wheel controls (SWC) or not.

However you will probable lose some functionalities related to hybrid drive.

Seeing that it will affect the hybrid system, I will consider it carefully

I'm not saying it will affect it, you will probably just  loose access to some of the things related to it, which are normally displayed on the head unit, but are mostly informative.

At least that was the case with other owners who replaced the head unit. Some were fine with it, some backed up.

You can try searching for those topics.

Don't buy no name Chinese tat, 99% of them are junk, No warranty, No support and Poor instructions if any

yes you will lose all the screens for hybrid information and HVAC controls, getting the rear camera to work can be an issue as you will need to wire in a reverse signal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links