Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre and Alloys Insurance

Kevin Wheatley

Hello. New Corolla GR Sport owner here. I bought and ex demo from Snows Plymouth 21 plate with 5500 miles. I picked it up last Monday. Yesterday I discovered that somebody had taken a Stanley knife to my offside front. I don’t know if it was there on collection or since I took delivery. I did purchase the alloy and tyre insurance from Toyota. Any ideas on how to claim please? I want to go down to Protyre and get it replaced but will they reimburse me or do I have to contact somebody first? Thanks in anticipation.

8D8907E5-C0CB-4D5B-8810-A99F67E29A9E.jpeg

Shouldn`t you be asking Toyota Kevin ?

You should have been given paperwork for the wheel & tyre insurance in the vehicle sales folder. 

It explains the claim procedure in the documentation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kevin Wheatley said:

I want to go down to Protyre and get it replaced but will they reimburse me or do I have to contact somebody first?

Your wheel and tyre insurance policy should have details on the claims process, so that is your first port of call.

Also bear in mind that an increasing number of insurance companies have gone down the approved repairer route - which is cheaper for them in terms of costs and time. So you may not have a choice as to who to go to for repairs.

As always it is down to you to check any policy, including the terms and conditions, before purchase, suits your requirements. 

Are you 100% sure someone has cut that? It looks like mine cracks on the low profile tyres that had some age and mileage on, sometimes can happen to new tyres too. 👍 Your policy should explain next steps when making a claim. 
Good luck