Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there any modification to play Albums consecutively from USB?

Muntle

My wife has owned her latest Yaris for 18 months, and is delighted with it except for one very annoying feature of the audio system.  When playing albums from a USB stick (preferred method) when the album finishes it just loops back to the beginning again.  She would be happier if it just moved on to the next album on the stick, especially as she does not like fiddling around with the touch controls whilst driving.  I have checked with Toyota and they say this is how it works, end of - very short-sighted in both design and customer support departments!   It strikes me that it would be a simple mod, software-wise, to add this, so does anybody know of any aftermarket modifications that would sort this?  Thanks

Only way is to have all songs in 1 folder and tag them with play order. ( 1-250 ). Think a folder takes a maximum of 250 songs.

I haven't played with this much, but, maybe, if you select "albums" the first album, then play it will play the albums sequentially ?

It looks like it will do that with songs if you select "songs".

I just have mine running on random from songs, but I miss the shuffle albums feature of the 5th gen. iPod (2006) I had, that integrated so well with the iPod compatible Pioneer head unit I had at the time.

36 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

I haven't played with this much, but, maybe, if you select "albums" the first album, then play it will play the albums sequentially ?

It looks like it will do that with songs if you select "songs".

I just have mine running on random from songs, but I miss the shuffle albums feature of the my 5th gen iPod (2006) that integrated so well with the iPod compatible Pioneer head unit I had at the time.

It won’t do that on albums. It does just re-loop back to track 1.

I have ~200 albums on my USB and have tagged them all with Artist-Album name. This is to allow me to select artist or album from album tab, opposed to artist tab. Also allows you to use voice - if you can remember the exact album name. 🥴

Worth also emailing Toyota to request this mod is considered by their infotainment team.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses.  

Starensis - thanks.  Yes, a playlist would be a degree of a solution, but it's still a lot of work to essentially resolve a very basic failure in Toyota's audio system which many other manufacturers have not overlooked, and who even give you the futuristic option of being able to shuffle back and forth between albums (folders) as well.

I have requested it be added to their 'to-do' list, but from the response I received I don't think I will hold my breath!

The touch 2 in the Mk3 is EOL, so i doubt it will see any updates apart from Maps, TBH the touch 2 pre 2020 is a 10+ year old design and spans back as early as 07/08

only solution that springs to mind is split the albums/artists into folders - the file system has its own limitations

eg.

Folder 1 - Artist - Album

Folder 2 - Artist - Album

alternatively, fit an aftermarket radio with Android auto/Apple CarPlay

eg.

https://www.pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/sph-da250dab

https://www.pioneer-car.eu/uk/products/sph-evo62dab