Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most important when picking up new Rav from the dealership

Atom

12 hours ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Can I ask how you do that Hybrid 21?

My boiler is overdue for service and is sitting at 2.5 bar cold,seems over pressured to me.

Hi Paul, I just bleed a radiator, ie let some water out of the bleed valve until the pressure gauge on the boiler drops to my desired pressure.

Handy if you have a radiator near the boiler and you can view the change in pressure as you are doing it. 

Hard to say if yours is overpressured as all systems and boilers are different. Yours may be happy at 2.5 bars cold and have no issues.

Mine is quite a big system and if mine sat at 2.5 bars cold it would probably go over 4 bars hot and the pressure relief valve would open.

• Thanks 1

Found a plastic bag in the passenger side of mine nearly out of sight under the seat.

turned out to be 2 plastic blanking plates that even had instructions with them that they had to be fitted on the chassis ends to stop water going inside the frame of the car at the front end. Took me to minutes to fit them but really not good enough.

Trouble was that the car was purchased from an online dealer.

Terry

• Sad 1

Ahh, those would be the body plugs that the car care nut youtube guy is always talking about! :laugh: 

Ironically he also says the ones in the doors may need to be removed to allow water to drain from them in some cars!

Wow, my car is now 14 months old so I hope those door plugs were removed, can you tell me where to look to check that they have been removed please?
I think that bad PDI work is the possible downside of buying online as I guess the supplying dealer has cut his profit to the bone and just wants to shift the car on with minimal input.

Terry

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ahh, those would be the body plugs that the car care nut youtube guy is always talking about! :laugh: 

Ironically he also says the ones in the doors may need to be removed to allow water to drain from them in some cars!

Reminds me of my BL days...

Owner: How much water does my Marina hold? (for anti-freeze)

Dealer: How good are your door seals?

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Terry10 said:

Wow, my car is now 14 months old so I hope those door plugs were removed, can you tell me where to look to check that they have been removed please?
I think that bad PDI work is the possible downside of buying online as I guess the supplying dealer has cut his profit to the bone and just wants to shift the car on with minimal input.

Terry

What do they actually do at Burnaston? Shouldn't that be a job before it arrives at the dealer?

And why not before it leaves the production line process?

On 5/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, Rhymes with Paris said:

Maybe they use retired rally drivers to deliver the cars.

I think they all go on transporters now, but years ago it was a common sight on the A1 to see the drivers hitching a lift back to base with trade plates under the arm.

I’ve been there done that, driving new cars from the central storage back to the dealership a 170 miles trip.👍

9 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Reminds me of my BL days...

Owner: How much water does my Marina hold? (for anti-freeze)

Dealer: How good are your door seals?

I had take mine (company car) in for a service and asked if a pint of oil in 400 miles wasn't a bit excessive, the reply was we don't look at them until unless it a pint every 200 miles.

10 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

What do they actually do at Burnaston? Shouldn't that be a job before it arrives at the dealer?

And why not before it leaves the production line process?

Those bungs go in the chassis, the holes are for transportation purposes, the dealer should put them in on PDI, if they haven't been done I would suggest the PDI has not been carried out correctly

• Thanks 1

Reference the PDI , this is no doubt the downside of buying online.

No salesman to go back to and as good as the online company were and I have to say mine were excellent what do you do in a situation like that.

Trouble is that you wander what else could have been missed.

Terry

Apart from mechanical and paint make sure the maps are up to date