Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2,560 miles since filling up.............

Lawnmowerman

2,560 miles since last filling with petrol. Took 34.18 litres to fill the tank.

If only electricity was free 😀....................

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My reported mpg for the last year is 126.5 mpg, not real of course but interesting.

• Like 1

Mine is showing 136 however in practice is averaging circa 55 - 60mpg solo and 27 ish towing. Due to my commute and other journeys I am filling up about every 6 weeks or so. Will be more over the summer with various long holiday trips in the UK and abroad. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

340 mpg  😮

Indeed! And while not an entirely meaningful number its does compare favourably with Toyota's quoted WLTP combined fuel consumption of 282.5 mpg.

And, if you assume that hybrid mileage was done at broadly the same efficiency as the HEV - so 47 mpg - that gives around 353 miles on HV power, and 2,207 miles on pure EV.

Does that 2,207 miles figure seem reasonable based on your journey pattern?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

2,560 miles since last filling with petrol. Took 34.18 litres to fill the tank.

If only electricity was free 😀....................

You could buy loads of solar panels and use those to charge the car during the day while you sleep and work nights instead... :laugh: 

5 hours ago, Cyker said:

You could buy loads of solar panels and use those to charge the car during the day while you sleep and work nights instead... :laugh: 

Well this far North we get lots of daylight in the evening at summertime 😀

• Like 2

12 hours ago, philip42h said:

Indeed! And while not an entirely meaningful number its does compare favourably with Toyota's quoted WLTP combined fuel consumption of 282.5 mpg.

And, if you assume that hybrid mileage was done at broadly the same efficiency as the HEV - so 47 mpg - that gives around 353 miles on HV power, and 2,207 miles on pure EV.

Does that 2,207 miles figure seem reasonable based on your journey pattern?

Probably a tad optimistic Philip. My commute is a bit of a roller coaster with a couple of pulls uphill. Of course I gain going down in the first case but as always it is a net loss.

Given that even at the new rates, electricity per mile is less than half that of petrol and I am very pleased. Despite the increases for electricity due in October I suspect that the benefit ratio of price over petrol should remain.

Oh, and did I mention the sheer power - what a bonus on that rare moment when power trumps over economy.

• Like 2

And here's me with my 49mpg hybrid 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PAISLEY1903 said:

And here's me with my 49mpg hybrid 😄

Don't knock it - I'm sure you are extremely happy with it.

For balance I did have the Hybrid prior to this albeit AWD and your MPG out-performed mine 👍

• Like 2