Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Another Price rise on Rav4


Roger_N
 Share

Recommended Posts

Toyota have put the price up on the Rav range again, the Excel has gone up by around £900 and to me it makes no sense to buy this version now as the Dynamic PHEV is only a couple of thousand more. Also, the Premium is not showing as being available on the Toyota site.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


That now puts my HEV FWD Dynamic (+ JBL/PVM) order above the £40k list price...hey-ho.

It's currently on the Laccadive Sea heading towards Suez (believed to be on board the Morning Caroline), eta Portbury 19/05/22.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

Toyota have put the price up on the Rav range again, the Excel has gone up by around £900 and to me it makes no sense to buy this version now as the Dynamic PHEV is only a couple of thousand more. Also, the Premium is not showing as being available on the Toyota site.

Is it me, or is the PHEV now only available in Design or Dynamic trim?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Is it me, or is the PHEV now only available in Design or Dynamic trim?

The Dynamic Premium is still available on the May 2022 Price List (at £47,530) - which wasn't available on the website earlier but is now! Whether or not you could actually order one is an entirely different question ...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Vainona70 said:

That now puts my HEV FWD Dynamic (+ JBL/PVM) order above the £40k list price...hey-ho.

It's currently on the Laccadive Sea heading towards Suez (believed to be on board the Morning Caroline), eta Portbury 19/05/22.

There has been much debate on this matter, but the list price of your car should be stated on the order form, and the dealer should transcribe that number when registering your car. There is no 'rule' that states that should or shouldn't happen, but it is clear that the dealer is pretty much free to use any number he/she wants ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Philip - I have seen various debates on the forum on this subject, but nothing definitive. I'd be naive to believe the dealer can use any 'list price' at registration.

The great Honest John stated back in 2017 at the introduction of this VED pricing change "Yes, it does include factory fitted extras and VAT, but not first year CO2 based tax (from £0 to £2,000). So if it's listed at £38,000 and you order £3000 worth of extras, such as met paint. leather and satnav, you not only get hit with first year tax on top, you get hit with £450 tax every year from the second year onwards. Yes, if the manufacturer puts the list price up between order and delivery, that counts as well. The Treasury had to make up lost CO2 based revenue somehow. Either that, or VAT up or Income Tax up. We're going to see some very different pricing structured from April. There could be £3,000 difference between ex-factory price and On The Road price".

The only things you can be sure of, death & taxes...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A £900 price increase is fairly minimal compared to some - the Ford Mustang Mach E has recently had a price increase of £6,000 (up from £41k to £47k for the base version).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

A £900 price increase is fairly minimal compared to some - the Ford Mustang Mach E has recently had a price increase of £6,000 (up from £41k to £47k for the base version).

Mike

If that is a single month price rise it is horrendous, the Rav4 Excel has gone up by around £5000 since the beginning of October.

The Dynamic PHEV has gone up by £1380 in the same time frame.

So it is not just increased costs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Ford's price increase of £6,000 was reported in Autocar (20/4/2022), and was effective from 1st April 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Roger_N said:

Mike

If that is a single month price rise it is horrendous, the Rav4 Excel has gone up by around £5000 since the beginning of October.

The Dynamic PHEV has gone up by £1380 in the same time frame.

So it is not just increased costs.

You have to remember that the original price of the PHEV Dynamic was £47k+ and then the price reduced. I know as I paid the original price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

You have to remember that the original price of the PHEV Dynamic was £47k+ and then the price reduced. I know as I paid the original price.

Ernie

I had seen the fact that you had bought the PHEV soon after launch and then Toyota had reduced the price, I would have been livid but from what I’ve read on here you have an attitude that copes with things like that far better than I can.

It just makes no sense to me to increase the HEV so much in price and make it so close the PHEV that it’s a no brainer, the Dynamic PHEV is much better value and apart from the heated steering wheel and the lack of leather seats (and they won’t bother most people) all the pluses are in the PHEV’s favour.

If the prices had been at this point when I ordered mine I would have gone down the PHEV route.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rav4 Excel HEV 2wd was £35380 in June 2021, it has first gone up in October 2021, then January 2022 and again a few days ago. The current price of Rav4 Excel HEV 2wd is £39565. This is just under 12% price increase and looks in line with other manufacturers. However, I can see sales of Rav4 Excel HEV dropping, as even if you add a colour, you will be paying extra road tax. Not everyone needs / can justify the PHEV and will look at more affordable competition.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Rav4ster said:

RAV4 Excel HEV 2wd was £35380 in June 2021, it has first gone up in October 2021, then January 2022 and again a few days ago. The current price of RAV4 Excel HEV 2wd is £39565. This is just under 12% price increase and looks in line with other manufacturers. However, I can see sales of RAV4 Excel HEV dropping, as even if you add a colour, you will be paying extra road tax. Not everyone needs / can justify the PHEV and will look at more affordable competition.

That only applies if the competition are not going up - however they are so not sure it makes much difference. As referred above look at the hike in the eMustang pricing. Other factors also apply such as finance rates and availability too. Toyota finance on the RAV is very competitive at about half the rate of interest VW, Hyundai and others are currently charging on loan/PCP rates. However the way the market is going I am more than pleased with my purchase and if it doesn’t work out as a good tow car (jury is still open) am happy in the knowledge That if I have to sell this year, I will probably get back what I paid for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

However the way the market is going I am more than pleased with my purchase and if it doesn’t work out as a good tow car (jury is still open) am happy in the knowledge That if I have to sell this year, I will probably get back what I paid for it. 

The current lead time on Toyota's site is 50 weeks for a PHEV and as has been said no premium version available I would think you would easily sell for around full price. maybe more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does that mean that they won't now build my PHEV Dynamic Premium or are they just taking no further orders for that specification?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Centaur said:

Does that mean that they won't now build my PHEV Dynamic Premium or are they just taking no further orders for that specification?

Going by what Toyota has done (with my order) recently I would expect them to honour any orders already taken. Just check it out with the dealer you placed the order with if you are concerned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting silly on the Rav4, it pretty much overlaps with the Lexus NX. You may get a few more toys in the RAV at a specific price level but they both share a chassis and powertrain now (the NX gets bit more power) and most are 4wd, allegedly more refined and better driving, I would put my money that way instead.

(unless you want a PHEV, the NX PHEV is shockingly pricey)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

£ 965 for paint on a Rav4 hev and the same paint on the phev is £320. Also with the Corolla cross due out this year I was wondering if they are hiking the Rav4 price up so they can slot the price for the Corolla cross where the rav 4 WAS priced at  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2022 at 10:49 AM, Roger_N said:

Toyota have put the price up on the Rav range again, the Excel has gone up by around £900 and to me it makes no sense to buy this version now as the Dynamic PHEV is only a couple of thousand more. Also, the Premium is not showing as being available on the Toyota site.

 

On 5/3/2022 at 12:22 PM, Hayzee said:

Is it me, or is the PHEV now only available in Design or Dynamic trim?

order f

On 5/3/2022 at 12:42 PM, philip42h said:

The Dynamic Premium is still available on the May 2022 Price List (at £47,530) - which wasn't available on the website earlier but is now! Whether or not you could actually order one is an entirely different question ...

 

9 hours ago, Roger_N said:

The current lead time on Toyota's site is 50 weeks for a PHEV and as has been said no premium version available I would think you would easily sell for around full price. maybe more.

Toyota notified dealers today that Dynamic Premium has been removed from sale citing supply restriction and higher than expected demand for the trim, I would expect Toyota have sold all the stock / factory slots available for Dynamic Premium up to a planned model change which we will learn about later in the year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I purchased my dynamic in June 2021, with panoramic Roof and pearlescent paint, the list price was £37,100.

The same specification car is now £40,170 that’s an 8.3% increase in just 10 months.

The price of the panoramic Roof and pearlescent paint haven’t increased so the increase on the car itself is nearer to 8.7%

Quite a hefty increase.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rigsby said:

I purchased my dynamic in June 2021, with panoramic Roof and pearlescent paint, the list price was £37,100.

The same specification car is now £40,170 that’s an 8.3% increase in just 10 months.

The price of the panoramic Roof and pearlescent paint haven’t increased so the increase on the car itself is nearer to 8.7%

Quite a hefty increase.

The consumer price index for 12 months to the end of March was 7.0% with every indication it will be around 9% to the end of April when the figures are released in a few days. So, yes, a hefty increase but probably in line with everything else and expectations.

For comparison, CPI was 0.7% in March 2021 so no wonder some of the price increases we see now seem shocking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly, Nigel, it only looks based on current forecasts to get worse by the end of the year.  When you consider the world wide price of power in whatever form the impact of that, let alone anything else, must be massive.  It’s impact will be on the whole supply chain, components, manufacture, delivery logistics etc. Those of us in the UK look to be ‘blessed’ with a 10% inflation by the end of the year so in some ways if you’ve got it spend it now! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nlee said:

The consumer price index for 12 months to the end of March was 7.0% with every indication it will be around 9% to the end of April when the figures are released in a few days. So, yes, a hefty increase but probably in line with everything else and expectations.

For comparison, CPI was 0.7% in March 2021 so no wonder some of the price increases we see now seem shocking.

Except wages, pensions and savings interest rates.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone is focused on Ukraine. The new Covid lockdowns in China are going to make life a whole lot worse. 10% of the worlds containers are trapped in Shanghai harbour and over 30m people are in lockdown in the city. I am tendering some large housing developments for 126 new homes and we cannot get a fixed price contract. Unheard of in all my 40+ years working in housing development. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Everyone is focused on Ukraine. The new Covid lockdowns in China are going to make life a whole lot worse. 10% of the worlds containers are trapped in Shanghai harbour and over 30m people are in lockdown in the city. I am tendering some large housing developments for 126 new homes and we cannot get a fixed price contract. Unheard of in all my 40+ years working in housing development. 

I’m somewhat surprised it’s a low as 10% for the containers but I can sympathise with your pain.
I lived through the 3 day week period, energy rationing and the pay freeze. We manufactured a certain type of semiconductor and the plant, gas tanks (some exceedingly dangerous) needed constant power, scary times. We had to truck in a Merc diesel generator set and install a fuel tank overnight and talked to the council about planning afterwards. Wiring the switchover gear onto the right circuits was a nightmare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership