Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front and rear suspension squeak

TazUddin

Corolla 2019 design. 40k on clock. Going over humps slowly with either front or rear wheels slowly there seems to be a creeking noise. Like someone's slowly opening a squeaky door. A lot of dry steering and humps as I live in London and the cars used by Learners. Any ideas guys? Drop links?

Could be a huge number of suspension components but I would say strut mounts. A bit of creaking from them is really common and something to live with generally depending on how bad it is. 

• Thanks 1

Suspension arm bushing dried out and or debris stuck between rubber and when the bushes are flexing these creates squeaky noises. Get some wd-40 silicone or any other silicone spray and spray on all rubber bushes except front stabiliser bar bushes, noises will be gone immediately. Nothing wrong with the car or suspension, best not to let anyone replace anything unless visually broken. 👍 Below pictures are from Auris but you can get an idea 💡 

CBDA1491-D627-419F-A782-CCA47C4FC26F.jpeg

71C040C0-90CB-4AF3-B532-E26EB6B85F2C.jpeg
only use silicone spray and never wd-40 classic petroleum based lubricant. 
Here is the right one for the job , you can also spray a bit on clean cloth and wipe all your door seals thoroughly. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284615580065?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=sdWVJGZoTVq&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

Just an update. Had my first MOT, so thought that would be a great time to sort that pesky squeak I was getting from the suspension. Thanks to TonyHSD for solving this issue. The cars squeak free. Sprayed silicon as advised while the car was up in the air and the noise was gone instantly. Thanks again TonyHSD.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TazUddin said:

Just an update. Had my first MOT, so thought that would be a great time to sort that pesky squeak I was getting from the suspension. Thanks to TonyHSD for solving this issue. The cars squeak free. Sprayed silicon as advised while the car was up in the air and the noise was gone instantly. Thanks again TonyHSD.

You are welcome.
Good to hear it fixed your problems. 👌 These cars and all Toyota in general are so much alike and often suffer from the same little issues. At least they are easy to fix and no need garage visit or spend a lots of money. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1