Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Timing Belt

Tam R CFC

Guys I am new to the forum. I have just purchased a 2009 Urban Cruiser & was wondering if it had a timing belt or chain & what the recommended mileage is to change it. Thanks in advance.

Tam.

Chain for both the 1.33 petrol and 1.4 diesel. No recommended change interval, as with regular oil changes  (ie every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first) should last the life of the engine. However, whether or not you want to consider changing, and in light of the above, depends on how the service history looks.

• Like 2

Yeah, you want to avoid it if you can as it just risks other problems arising from the change as it's a lot more invasive than a timing belt change.

If the engine has had regular good oil changes, and continues to get regular quality oil changes, the chain should last the life of the engine (Unlike french engines they designed it properly!)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks Guys. Service history is top notch & i will be continuing with that as i go. One other slight thing i have noticed while ideling, when ingine is hot, there is a slight vibration in the car. If i touch the exelerator very very silightly to give it revs the vibration stops. I think it could be the exhaust, any ideas?? 

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 5:56 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah, you want to avoid it if you can as it just risks other problems arising from the change as it's a lot more invasive than a timing belt change.

If the engine has had regular good oil changes, and continues to get regular quality oil changes, the chain should last the life of the engine (Unlike french engines they designed it properly!)

Just read your reply , I’m hovering on buying a 2011 diesel ( deposit left ) and I was told to ask for belt to be changed 77000 miles ( which they agreed to if I buy ? Should I say no ; I have service history thanks . Still not sure if to buy 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links