Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back pain

osmanmails

Ok I concede this may be due to my posture and everyone's posture and seat alignment will vary. But I've tried my best to change the setting to remedy with no luck, so thought I'd reach out to see if anyone else has a similar issue. I do 1k miles a month. Previously I owned an old VW Sharan and had no issues with my back.

The back pain is in my mid/lower back area, specific spot as opposed to wider area. I know this is directly related to the seat position - when I don't drive for a few days it feels much better, when I drive or sit in the car for long periods it exacerbates it. Also, I'm 6ft tall slim build. Firstly I don't think the seat goes back enough, equally not low enough for my long legs which keep knocking the steering wheel when I drive. 

I have the same problem with the seat in my Yaris Mk4, almost certainly due to a lack of lumbar support.

I currently use a wadded up towel to give my lower back more support and this has made it muuuch more comfortable. I can actually go on long journeys and not be crippled at the destination now! :laugh: 

From what I remember the Estima should have lumbar support so play with that (I forget if it's an electrical switch or a pump one, or if I just imagined the whole thing, as it's been a while since I played with one and there are so many configurations!)

Otherwise a proper lumbar support, an appropriately sized cushion, or a towel like mine might help!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Maybe the seating in your Estima just doesn't suit your frame Os.

I do miss my Volvo seats ☹️

After driving for 4 hours with no stops I always felt as fresh as when I started.

Unfortunately I can't say that about my RAV4 ☹️

3 minutes ago, Hybrid21 said:

Maybe the seating in your Estima just doesn't suit your frame Os.

I do miss my Volvo seats ☹️

After driving for 4 hours with no stops I always felt as fresh as when I started.

Unfortunately I can't say that about my RAV4 ☹️

Oh my gosh, I've actually been thinking perhaps I've bought a car that just doesn't suit my frame. My XC90 leathers were truly amazing as was my old LR Discovery.

• Like 1

Oooh thanks frosty, that's a really good guide!

12 hours ago, osmanmails said:

Oh my gosh, I've actually been thinking perhaps I've bought a car that just doesn't suit my frame. My XC90 leathers were truly amazing as was my old LR Discovery.

My brother in law bought a brand new Ford Ranger and after a few months found that he could never get comfortable with the seating position.

Changed it for an Audi.

..and yet I find my Estima one of the most comfortable vehicles I've had....the only ones that would match it were Volvo and Saab....both really comfortable cars.

• 1 year later...

Im  6feet 3 and broad and its fine for me. You adjusted the high and length on the steering column ? 

• 7 months later...
On 8/18/2023 at 6:23 PM, protecttour said:

Im  6feet 3 and broad and its fine for me. You adjusted the high and length on the steering column ? 

Im 6ft 3 too and I can drive to the South of France in a day. Once set up right they are very comfortable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links