Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota roadside assistance package

David Dougherty

Hi just got a Yaris Design 2021

I bought this over the phone from steveneagells luton and car was delivered  as I live  in  Norwich all went ok.

I only got a leaflet about Roadside assistance.

Does the rest come through the post?

Do I have apply?

Can anyone help thanks

From an earlier topic that has been resurrected this week, you should get confirmation of Toyota Roadside Assistance by post. Cards are no longer issued (which is the same with Hyundai).

See:  

Similarly with R.A.C cover purchased using a large supermarket chain's vouchers. No membership card at all. E-mail confirmation only too.

Hopefully, if I need assistance, my membership can be confirmed by name and address, no way can I remember the number unless written somewhere available. Personal cover so car registration mark would only be useful for identifying the car I'm in!

They've switched to using facial recognition and a urine sample.

(They recycle the latter into AdBlue so it doesn't go to waste!)

(This is a joke)

• Haha 5

I received a letter this morning from Toyota offering me the Roadside Assistance for £76 for one year.

Seems to be a reasonable price for reasonable cover, so I have just went for it.

A lot cheaper with Green Flag for instance 🤔 but hopefully the Toyota/AA will be worth the extra ?

Certainly wouldn't want to be without cover, especially without a spare wheel 😃

What do you guys think ?

I did the same..👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

They've switched to using facial recognition and a urine sample.

(They recycle the latter into AdBlue so it doesn't go to waste!)

(This is a joke)

Are you sure it's a joke ?

I read somewhere that this is true,in addition to finding your location through triangulation using the brain implants they put in the covid vaccine.

• Haha 2

I recently bought a C-HR to replace my ageing Corolla Verso - however I have been told that I can neither transfer my membership to the new vehicle nor receive a refund of the balance of the annual premium ( paid last August ) - is this correct ? If so this appears to be rather sharp practice.

As I said in the other thread you posted this in, no that is not correct - I've transferred this policy across 4 Toyotas and even carried over the cover from my previous car, which was added to the 1 year free cover you get with a new car.

Call them - I'm sure they should be able to sort it out.

Yes, you do get a membership card and you can carry over any remaining months from a previous car. I got a new car in January and my roadside assistance didn’t expire until September. It now expires September 2023.

You just need to phone them

• Like 2

Took delivery of a Yaris Cross in March after exchanging a Rav hybrid and was told by Toyota Assistance that they didn't transfer remaining months from a previous vehicle anymore. However they did refund my outstanding months into my bank account which was a positive. I did enquire at the same time about any cards or other membership details I may be sent and they said these weren't issued any more, "if you have a breakdown just phone assistance with reg number and AA help will come" is what I was told.

21 hours ago, Neil Palmer said:

I recently bought a C-HR to replace my ageing Corolla Verso - however I have been told that I can neither transfer my membership to the new vehicle nor receive a refund of the balance of the annual premium ( paid last August ) - is this correct ?

Would be helpful for you to say who told you this.

Contact the renewals phone number on the following, and they can usually arrange the transfer of the balance - Toyota Roadside Assistance | Owners | Toyota UK

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 5:07 PM, Hybrid21 said:

I received a letter this morning from Toyota offering me the Roadside Assistance for £76 for one year.

Seems to be a reasonable price for reasonable cover, so I have just went for it.

A lot cheaper with Green Flag for instance 🤔 but hopefully the Toyota/AA will be worth the extra ?

My included Toyota cover expired recently and they wanted £70+ to renew.

I did a bit of digging and instead went with Start Rescue who seem to be highly rated.

£25.56 including recovery and home assist. Couldn't see any point in paying £45 more.

• Like 2

Yea, there aren't many perks with the roadside assistance these days; They used to also give you discounts (Mainly for stuff 99% of people never use like expensive wine and the more expensive long term airport car parks).

One thing that does still apply is the 10% discount on Toyota Insurance, but as they tend to be at the higher end of the price list I've not made much use of that!

Now if it was 10% discount on servicing and parts I'd be up for that!!

(The TOC membership is much better value for money in that regard :laugh: It's worth it just for the Halfords card, assuming you use Halfords!)

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 6:35 PM, Neil Palmer said:

I recently bought a C-HR to replace my ageing Corolla Verso - however I have been told that I can neither transfer my membership to the new vehicle nor receive a refund of the balance of the annual premium ( paid last August ) - is this correct ? If so this appears to be rather sharp practice.

I must apologise - You're right!

It seems that the terms have changed  recently and one of the changes is the cover now follows the car and won't be transferred! In addition they also won't refund anything once past 30 days!

That kinda sucks.

The one upside is they have introduced a 2 year cover plan which works out at 67.5/yr vs the 76 they have been charging for the last few years.

I found this out because I had a letter saying mine had run out, so called them to find out what's what, but turned out it was in error like I thought as the cover from my previous car HAD been transferred and although they had that on their system the letter was automatically triggered as the free 1 year cover expired.

No idea why they'd make such a pointless change - Even the AA let you transfer their car cover!

There's definitely been some operational changes tho' - I'm wondering if the Toyota Roadside Assist department has actually been closed and they've off-loaded it on to AA to manage it directly. I did still have to renew still because it turned out the cover on my parents' car had lapsed, and normally that's quite a quick process but the agent actually read out all the terms and conditions and benefits etc. which really dragged out the call. Was like a car insurance call!!