Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


1st Service


ernieb
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just booked the car in for it’s first service and requested the A/C Compressor ECU update, didn’t seem to know about that but did say there was an recall regarding brakes, reprogramming, which would be done at the same time as the service.

Any offers as to what this is about? I’ve not been able to see any information other than a reference to ‘stability control’ systems but nothing concrete.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Mine is also booked in for its first service next week, but the only recall notice I've had was described 'eCall Malfuntion/DMC reprogramming'; I wasn't aware of any other recalls (although I guess there will be differences between PHEV and HEV models)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d already checked the recall-checker and mine comes up with no recalls, strange. I’ll try to find out more when the car goes in at the end of the month.  What they did say when I asked if I could do an express service, after consideration, was no it will take around 2 hours to do both updates.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, philip42h said:

There is always the recall checker to let you know what is on the schedule for your car: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker

There's nothing listed for mine ...

This is what it states for mine...

 

Recall Page.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Saxacat said:

This is what it states for mine...

 

Recall Page.jpg

but doesn’t say what it is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Voluntary Service Campaigns usually don't show as recalls.

Often covered by a Toyota Service Bulletin or similar, whereas recalls are usually part of the DVSA recall process (ie faults reported by a number of owners, investigated by DVSA/the manufacturer, and, if a recall is justified, notified to owners by letter using info provided by DVLA).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ernieb said:

but doesn’t say what it is?

Ernie

As mentioned by am earlier poster, this is the only recall showing on the Government recall checker for your vehicle

image.thumb.jpeg.4cb42856f4c2f19f709508dc65bd4702.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheers, Colin.  The service rep specifically mentioned ‘brakes’ but may have got it wrong I guess. 
However, we know that on the PHEV in some cases also needs the A/C compressor ECU updated to improve the condition of the fluid in the compressor. BE-00612T-TME.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

but doesn’t say what it is?

Agreed, not particularly useful, you'd think they might put something more specific on the 'My Toyota' page.

 

I was aware of it as I'd had a letter from Kinto, who are the finance people for my lease and therefore the owners of the vehicle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ernieb said:

Just booked the car in for it’s first service and requested the A/C Compressor ECU update, didn’t seem to know about that but did say there was an recall regarding brakes, reprogramming, which would be done at the same time as the service.

Any offers as to what this is about? I’ve not been able to see any information other than a reference to ‘stability control’ systems but nothing concrete.

It will be a very new campaign announced this week, XGG22 bit of a weird one but it has been found that if a user has the car on in Ready mode, with foot on the brake presses and holds the TRC off button and simultaneously powers the car off on next restart the TRC will be disabled but not indicated so on the dash this is in contravention of regulations (the next off/on will restore the car to normal function) and software update will prevent the error.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

It will be a very new campaign announced this week, XGG22 bit of a weird one but it has been found that if a user has the car on in Ready mode, with foot on the brake presses and holds the TRC off button and simultaneously powers the car off on next restart the TRC will be disabled but not indicated so on the dash this is in contravention of regulations (the next off/on will restore the car to normal function) and software update will prevent the error.

Thanks for that, I'm not sure I have enough hands to carry out all of that so should be safe enough in the mean time..😇

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Btw, how much have you/others been quoted for the first service? I am under the impression that Toyota have a fixed price service policy, but just curious whether this cna vary by where in the country one is? 

 

Or have you gone route of a service plan? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike

I took out a 3 year (3 service) plan which cost £720 (or £23/month for 31 months)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hayzee said:

Mike

I took out a 3 year (3 service) plan which cost £720 (or £23/month for 31 months)

The 'problem' with a three year service plan is that covers two intermediates and one full - so 'understates' the true cost of servicing (which is ideal if you are going to keep the car for three years of course). I take out a series of two year plans - one intermediate and one full - and for my HEV that comes out at £31 per month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The 'problem' with a three year service plan is that covers two intermediates and one full - so 'understates' the true cost of servicing (which is ideal if you are going to keep the car for three years of course). I take out a series of two year plans - one intermediate and one full - and for my HEV that comes out at £31 per month.

Yes I do plan to keep the vehicle for three years....if I changed my mind I can take out another plan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took out the dealer two year service plan £25 per month, total £600 over the two years.

But while booking the first service I found that the first service is £190 and the second service is £340 which equals £530 🤔

Think I've been ripped off ☹️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I should have said my 5 year plan is £20.86 per month and as the car was bought as a keeping I thought it made sense to spread the cost.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2022 at 1:07 PM, ernieb said:

Cheers, Colin.  The service rep specifically mentioned ‘brakes’ but may have got it wrong I guess. 
However, we know that on the PHEV in some cases also needs the A/C compressor ECU updated to improve the condition of the fluid in the compressor. BE-00612T-TME.

Oh if they could only sort out that weird thing where the brakes back off as you are breaking before a junction and roundabout. Traction control issue. Staying on too long. Need to halve the time it cuts in for. Can be concerning sometimes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Oh if they could only sort out that weird thing where the brakes back off as you are breaking before a junction and roundabout. Traction control issue. Staying on too long. Need to halve the time it cuts in for. Can be concerning sometimes.

Absolutely agree - never experienced it on other brands.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Absolutely agree - never experienced it on other brands.

Cuts in too eagerly then stays on too long. Especially if the road is slightly wet or the ground is a little loose. They just need to turn down the sensitivity and duration. Then it will be fine. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2022 at 8:57 AM, Hybrid21 said:

I took out the dealer two year service plan £25 per month, total £600 over the two years.

But while booking the first service I found that the first service is £190 and the second service is £340 which equals £530 🤔

Think I've been ripped off ☹️

Mine's exactly the same. My two year service plan includes:

  1. First year intermediate service - £190
  2. Second year full service - £340
  3. First year Toyota Roadside Assistance - £0 (included)
  4. Second year Toyota Roadside Assistance - £70

Making a total of £600 all in.

And, slightly bizarrely, they then collect the monies as 12x payments of £24 followed by 10x payments of £31 ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Mine's exactly the same. My two year service plan includes:

  1. First year intermediate service - £190
  2. Second year full service - £340
  3. First year Toyota Roadside Assistance - £0 (included)
  4. Second year Toyota Roadside Assistance - £70

Making a total of £600 all in.

And, slightly bizarrely, they then collect the monies as 12x payments of £24 followed by 10x payments of £31 ...

You've saved a few bob then, as I've been told my service tomorrow will be £195, and I've just paid £76 for my second year Roadside Assistance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's unusual - If a service plan had some sort of discount like that I'd take one, but whenever I've asked for a quote the total cost is exactly the same as if i was just paying them normally. Never been offered any perks like free/discounted recovery or free MOT etc. and been refused them on asking, so I never saw the point...

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership