Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Service

ernieb

Just booked the car in for it’s first service and requested the A/C Compressor ECU update, didn’t seem to know about that but did say there was an recall regarding brakes, reprogramming, which would be done at the same time as the service.

Any offers as to what this is about? I’ve not been able to see any information other than a reference to ‘stability control’ systems but nothing concrete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Mine is also booked in for its first service next week, but the only recall notice I've had was described 'eCall Malfuntion/DMC reprogramming'; I wasn't aware of any other recalls (although I guess there will be differences between PHEV and HEV models)

I’d already checked the recall-checker and mine comes up with no recalls, strange. I’ll try to find out more when the car goes in at the end of the month.  What they did say when I asked if I could do an express service, after consideration, was no it will take around 2 hours to do both updates.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, philip42h said:

There is always the recall checker to let you know what is on the schedule for your car: https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker

There's nothing listed for mine ...

This is what it states for mine...

Recall Page.jpg

1 hour ago, Saxacat said:

This is what it states for mine...

Recall Page.jpg

but doesn’t say what it is?

Voluntary Service Campaigns usually don't show as recalls.

Often covered by a Toyota Service Bulletin or similar, whereas recalls are usually part of the DVSA recall process (ie faults reported by a number of owners, investigated by DVSA/the manufacturer, and, if a recall is justified, notified to owners by letter using info provided by DVLA).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Ernie

As mentioned by am earlier poster, this is the only recall showing on the Government recall checker for your vehicle

image.thumb.jpeg.4cb42856f4c2f19f709508dc65bd4702.jpeg

• Like 1

Cheers, Colin.  The service rep specifically mentioned ‘brakes’ but may have got it wrong I guess. 
However, we know that on the PHEV in some cases also needs the A/C compressor ECU updated to improve the condition of the fluid in the compressor. BE-00612T-TME.

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

Agreed, not particularly useful, you'd think they might put something more specific on the 'My Toyota' page.

I was aware of it as I'd had a letter from Kinto, who are the finance people for my lease and therefore the owners of the vehicle.

12 hours ago, ernieb said:

Just booked the car in for it’s first service and requested the A/C Compressor ECU update, didn’t seem to know about that but did say there was an recall regarding brakes, reprogramming, which would be done at the same time as the service.

Any offers as to what this is about? I’ve not been able to see any information other than a reference to ‘stability control’ systems but nothing concrete.

It will be a very new campaign announced this week, XGG22 bit of a weird one but it has been found that if a user has the car on in Ready mode, with foot on the brake presses and holds the TRC off button and simultaneously powers the car off on next restart the TRC will be disabled but not indicated so on the dash this is in contravention of regulations (the next off/on will restore the car to normal function) and software update will prevent the error.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

It will be a very new campaign announced this week, XGG22 bit of a weird one but it has been found that if a user has the car on in Ready mode, with foot on the brake presses and holds the TRC off button and simultaneously powers the car off on next restart the TRC will be disabled but not indicated so on the dash this is in contravention of regulations (the next off/on will restore the car to normal function) and software update will prevent the error.

Thanks for that, I'm not sure I have enough hands to carry out all of that so should be safe enough in the mean time..😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Btw, how much have you/others been quoted for the first service? I am under the impression that Toyota have a fixed price service policy, but just curious whether this cna vary by where in the country one is? 

Or have you gone route of a service plan? 

Mike, I negotiated a 5 year service plan when I bought the car, well 5 years if you do 10K/year.

Mike

I took out a 3 year (3 service) plan which cost £720 (or £23/month for 31 months)

1 minute ago, Hayzee said:

Mike

I took out a 3 year (3 service) plan which cost £720 (or £23/month for 31 months)

The 'problem' with a three year service plan is that covers two intermediates and one full - so 'understates' the true cost of servicing (which is ideal if you are going to keep the car for three years of course). I take out a series of two year plans - one intermediate and one full - and for my HEV that comes out at £31 per month.

2 minutes ago, philip42h said:

The 'problem' with a three year service plan is that covers two intermediates and one full - so 'understates' the true cost of servicing (which is ideal if you are going to keep the car for three years of course). I take out a series of two year plans - one intermediate and one full - and for my HEV that comes out at £31 per month.

Yes I do plan to keep the vehicle for three years....if I changed my mind I can take out another plan

I took out the dealer two year service plan £25 per month, total £600 over the two years.

But while booking the first service I found that the first service is £190 and the second service is £340 which equals £530 🤔

Think I've been ripped off ☹️

• Like 1

I should have said my 5 year plan is £20.86 per month and as the car was bought as a keeping I thought it made sense to spread the cost.

• Like 3

On 5/5/2022 at 1:07 PM, ernieb said:

Cheers, Colin.  The service rep specifically mentioned ‘brakes’ but may have got it wrong I guess. 
However, we know that on the PHEV in some cases also needs the A/C compressor ECU updated to improve the condition of the fluid in the compressor. BE-00612T-TME.

Oh if they could only sort out that weird thing where the brakes back off as you are breaking before a junction and roundabout. Traction control issue. Staying on too long. Need to halve the time it cuts in for. Can be concerning sometimes.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Oh if they could only sort out that weird thing where the brakes back off as you are breaking before a junction and roundabout. Traction control issue. Staying on too long. Need to halve the time it cuts in for. Can be concerning sometimes.

Absolutely agree - never experienced it on other brands.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Absolutely agree - never experienced it on other brands.

Cuts in too eagerly then stays on too long. Especially if the road is slightly wet or the ground is a little loose. They just need to turn down the sensitivity and duration. Then it will be fine. 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 8:57 AM, Hybrid21 said:

I took out the dealer two year service plan £25 per month, total £600 over the two years.

But while booking the first service I found that the first service is £190 and the second service is £340 which equals £530 🤔

Think I've been ripped off ☹️

Mine's exactly the same. My two year service plan includes:

1. First year intermediate service - £190
  2. Second year full service - £340
  3. First year Toyota Roadside Assistance - £0 (included)
  4. Second year Toyota Roadside Assistance - £70

Making a total of £600 all in.

And, slightly bizarrely, they then collect the monies as 12x payments of £24 followed by 10x payments of £31 ...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Mine's exactly the same. My two year service plan includes:

1. First year intermediate service - £190
  2. Second year full service - £340
  3. First year Toyota Roadside Assistance - £0 (included)
  4. Second year Toyota Roadside Assistance - £70

Making a total of £600 all in.

And, slightly bizarrely, they then collect the monies as 12x payments of £24 followed by 10x payments of £31 ...

You've saved a few bob then, as I've been told my service tomorrow will be £195, and I've just paid £76 for my second year Roadside Assistance.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's unusual - If a service plan had some sort of discount like that I'd take one, but whenever I've asked for a quote the total cost is exactly the same as if i was just paying them normally. Never been offered any perks like free/discounted recovery or free MOT etc. and been refused them on asking, so I never saw the point...

• Like 2