Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Service

ernieb

17 hours ago, Saxacat said:

You've saved a few bob then, as I've been told my service tomorrow will be £195, and I've just paid £76 for my second year Roadside Assistance.

Me too Edward ☹️

A service plan usually protects you against future price increases which in the current climate is helpful. I had intended taking out a 3 year plan but somehow it didn’t get processed. In hindsight just as well given I am changing my job and the supplying dealer location will not be convenient in future. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, that's unusual - If a service plan had some sort of discount like that I'd take one, but whenever I've asked for a quote the total cost is exactly the same as if i was just paying them normally. Never been offered any perks like free/discounted recovery or free MOT etc. and been refused them on asking, so I never saw the point...

If I keep the vehicle after the two years I'll certainly not be inclined to take another service plan. 

Once bitten twice shy 😃

So what is this ECU recall about?

Safety, efficiency, preventing wear, etc? Which one and why?

Service done; eCall recall work done; I also got them to activate the key fob window control.

A short video of the health inspection sent to my phone (this is a first for me).

As quoted £195.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Saxacat said:

I also got them to activate the key fob window control.

Is that to close all the windows when locked?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger_N said:

Is that to close all the windows when locked?

Yes, close and open; holding down the lock button closes any open windows, holding down the unlock button will open the windows. Its something I had on a BMW a few years ago, didn't use it a lot, but it did come in handy a few times

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saxacat said:

Yes, close and open; holding down the lock button closes any open windows, holding down the unlock button will open the windows. Its something I had on a BMW a few years ago, didn't use it a lot, but it did come in handy a few times

Could be useful when you get to the car in the summer after a period away and the interior has built up a head of steam.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxacat said:

Oh I definitely want that enabling. Was like that on my Merc. 

5 hours ago, Saxacat said:

Service done; eCall recall work done; I also got them to activate the key fob window control.

A short video of the health inspection sent to my phone (this is a first for me).

As quoted £195.

The video - now that really does wind me up!

You pay God knows how much per hour for a technician wandering about with a camera thinking he's Cecil B. DeMille. Then admin to upload the video and send it to you - why? To prove they actually had your vehicle in the workshop? Grrr.

In days gone by - I know, I know. Everything needed adjusting and you knew you had a service. Later, when everything auto-adjusted you only knew if it had been serviced if the mechanic left some grease on the steering wheel!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

The video - now that really does wind me up!

You pay God knows how much per hour for a technician wandering about with a camera thinking he's Cecil B. DeMille. Then admin to upload the video and send it to you - why? To prove they actually had your vehicle in the workshop? Grrr.

In days gone by - I know, I know. Everything needed adjusting and you knew you had a service. Later, when everything auto-adjusted you only knew if it had been serviced if the mechanic left some grease on the steering wheel!

Totally agree William just another over head cost that you'll have to pay for one way or another.

Now you're talking 'grease', when the car had dozens of grease points it could take you best part of a hour rolling around on your back to find them all.

• Like 3

I had my 1st service yesterday, but wouldn't appear on MyT app, only the hybrid health check .

Should i call the dealer or give it a couple of days?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shootgun said:

I had my 1st service yesterday, but wouldn't appear on MyT app, only the hybrid health check .

Who knows the secrets of the MyT app, seriously I’d leave it a couple of days and see what happens.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shootgun said:

Mine also only shows the Hybrid health check, and its the same on the Webpage. 

Just checked mine. Two entries. One listed as hybrid health check. The other listed as Maintenance. No mention of service. 
A vehicle delivery entry has also appeared which wasn’t there for the first year. 

I'll leave it till Monday and if it doesn't show up, i'll call the stealer...

At least they have stamped the service book and washed the car....

15 hours ago, Shootgun said:

washed the car

Competently? My last car was a mazda, and whenever it went into the local dealer for service work, would always come out with a new scratch or swirl, but I wouldn't spot it immediately, usuay within a day or two, making me wonder if it was there before or not. Never anything major, just enough for me to think it could potentially have been unnoticed under a very minor dusting of grime (we're not talking country dirt track filth). 

In the same vein, anyone any positive recommendations wrt Toyota garages in East Midlands Region? For aftersales/service stuff, obv. Nottingham is closest to me (inchcape), but Grantham, loughborough, and even Lincoln are not too far away/too much trouble. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike2222 said:

Competently?

Not bad, in and out, saved me £20 and half an hour time at the local car wash...

1 hour ago, Mike2222 said:

Competently? My last car was a mazda, and whenever it went into the local dealer for service work, would always come out with a new scratch or swirl, but I wouldn't spot it immediately, usuay within a day or two, making me wonder if it was there before or not. Never anything major, just enough for me to think it could potentially have been unnoticed under a very minor dusting of grime (we're not talking country dirt track filth). 

In the same vein, anyone any positive recommendations wrt Toyota garages in East Midlands Region? For aftersales/service stuff, obv. Nottingham is closest to me (inchcape), but Grantham, loughborough, and even Lincoln are not too far away/too much trouble. 

Not knocking Toyota in particular but I always request there is no valet on any car I put in for service and have done so for years now matter which make dealership was involved.  I also make sure the car is as spotless as I can make it before the service so I normally ask that the valet service not be done and add that there is no need for it to be done given the state of the car.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a call from the dealer reminding me I had a service booked and that in edition they would do the brake recall. I said OK but also the A/C ECU update? What’s that then was his reply. So explained and he said not to worry all the hybrids make a noise. No says I this is when the car is cold and the pump is pushing fluid and need to be better regulated and quoted the BME number. Oh, yes that’s down here we’ll take a look if you want. It may not be needed, I gave up and said I’d talk to him in the morning. 🤯 

Why oh why do they make life so difficult or is it just me?

• Like 2

Received the letter today from Toyota regarding the Brake Actuator recall. Phoned the garage and the receptionist said there was no recall for my car. I insisted there was as I had the letter in my hand.

The Service Manager took over the call and told me there wasn't one for my car . When I insisted and told him the Toyota Owners Club were all over it he became dismissive and adopted quite an attitude. He insisted I check my VIN to see if it matched the letter. He explained he was on Toyota Europe website and there was none for my car. Toyota's letter had the original registration not my cherished number. Something I can't quite fathom as I had thought that DVLA provided details and they know the cherished number.

Knowing the VIN was correct, I called the help-line number on the letter who confirmed the valid recall. As I was speaking to them the Service Manager tried to call me.

His explanation was that the work was performed at its service on Monday the 16th and therefore would not show as needed. I asked him to explain why the action carried out then was recorded as WGG22 on his invoice and MyT but the letter refers to XGG22 - he couldn't. He also was at a loss as to why the technician had recorded incorrect makes of tyres at the service nor could he explain why the service doesn't appear on the MyT app either.

He also asked the model - when told PHEV he asked if it was FWD or AWD - I told him to take a wild guess......

So frustrating...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Received the letter today from Toyota regarding the Brake Actuator recall. Phoned the garage and the receptionist said there was no recall for my car. I insisted there was as I had the letter in my hand.

The Service Manager took over the call and told me there wasn't one for my car . When I insisted and told him the Toyota Owners Club were all over it he became dismissive and adopted quite an attitude. He insisted I check my VIN to see if it matched the letter. He explained he was on Toyota Europe website and there was none for my car. Toyota's letter had the original registration not my cherished number. Something I can't quite fathom as I had thought that DVLA provided details and they know the cherished number.

Knowing the VIN was correct, I called the help-line number on the letter who confirmed the valid recall. As I was speaking to them the Service Manager tried to call me.

His explanation was that the work was performed at its service on Monday the 16th and therefore would not show as needed. I asked him to explain why the action carried out then was recorded as WGG22 on his invoice and MyT but the letter refers to XGG22 - he couldn't. He also was at a loss as to why the technician had recorded incorrect makes of tyres at the service nor could he explain why the service doesn't appear on the MyT app either.

He also asked the model - when told PHEV he asked if it was FWD or AWD - I told him to take a wild guess......

So frustrating...

Sadly these kind of conversations are all too common and does not inspire a lot of confidence in the trade.  I think generally at one time people had a reasonable confidence in the local garage and felt that overall they did a half decent job. 

Williams, experience was pretty similar to mine about the A/C ECU reprogramming, 'they all do it', 'nothings needs doing', 'there is nothing that can be done'. I've printed off the details and will take it with me when it goes in for it's service today.

Finally got the first service competed today. The brake ECU that they had originally talked about is the recall even though it has a different number? They did the A/C ECU update and interestingly said it was the first they had done and only knew about it when I called. Even though they had originally said it was not an issue they did check it out and had the paperwork printed confirming the problem at low temperatures. Health check all OK, Battery tested OK they did a bacteria A/C health check and said it would probably need a cleaner bomb next year but OK till then. I might buy one and give it a go myself. 

Interesting just opened the MyT app and as others have reported only have the Health Check and still thinks I need to book and complete the first service. But also shows my car is still at the dealers and has not been moved the 6 miles to my house?

UPDATE: talked to the tech at the garage and he said, probably a server issue happens all the time and that it’s nothing they have done.

What do we show or quote to the dealer to convince them to do the A/C ECU update? I'll need to book mine in for its first service in the next month or so and would like this "feature" fixed!