Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Service

ernieb

BE-00612T-TME

subject: “train horn noise’ from AC compressor when car is sr=tarted and the temperature is approx 5oC or less.

• Like 1

Today, 26th May, app now talks to the car and updated the charge as complete. But I’m still missing yesterdays return trip from the dealers but more concerning all 4 trips I’ve done today so far. It’s just so hit and miss.

Same for me....two missing trips from yesterday 

I'm sure I've read something before Ernie, not sure if it was on here or another group, where the service department put it in a service mode which switches off the tracking. They had similar symptoms to you and it eventually turn out that either the dealer hadn't reset it after the service, or it didn't reset properly.

May be worth having in mind if it doesn't sort itself out soon.

13 minutes ago, nlee said:

I'm sure I've read something before Ernie, not sure if it was on here or another group, where the service department put it in a service mode which switches off the tracking. They had similar symptoms to you and it eventually turn out that either the dealer hadn't reset it after the service, or it didn't reset properly.

May be worth having in mind if it doesn't sort itself out soon.

Thanks for that. I did ask then if they had switch off some elements of the MyT app etc., and was told no they don’t do that. I might well give then another nudge today to see if I can speak to someone else.

Just had another talk to the garage and they are adamant that they do not change the car into any mode that would disable the MyT app tracking function. The service guy said  they have no ability to interfere with the MyT tracking features it’s down to the the MyT systems and support to resolve. He did say that they get questions about the loss of trips and MyT miss functioning but can only advise to reboot the app.

I suspect that the system has just "lost it" this week. Prior to Monday I would have claimed that every segment of every journey was properly recorded. Half the segments of our return from France on Monday are missing - the journey to France (including a 3 hour leg) and our trips there prior to Monday are correctly recorded (as far as I can tell)

13 minutes ago, philip42h said:

I suspect that the system has just "lost it" this week. Prior to Monday I would have claimed that every segment of every journey was properly recorded. Half the segments of our return from France on Monday are missing - the journey to France (including a 3 hour leg) and our trips there prior to Monday are correctly recorded (as far as I can tell)

Welcome to the club Phillip 😇

Last Friday I was returning from Nottinghamshire to Northumberland, stopped at Scotch Corner for a break; the app recorded the first part of the journey to Scotch Corner fine, but didn't record any further journeys till yesterday. The app was showing the car's location correctly, parked in my garage at home, but the last recorded journey had ended at Scotch Corner, despite me driving home and having a few local journeys as well. Yesterday after another local journey the app correctly showed that journey. During all this time, it was also showing my fuel level as 0%, even though the tank was about 25% full; again after yesterdays local journey the fuel level was shoeing correctly. 

19 minutes ago, Saxacat said:

Last Friday I was returning from Nottinghamshire to Northumberland, stopped at Scotch Corner for a break; the app recorded the first part of the journey to Scotch Corner fine, but didn't record any further journeys till yesterday. The app was showing the car's location correctly, parked in my garage at home, but the last recorded journey had ended at Scotch Corner, despite me driving home and having a few local journeys as well. Yesterday after another local journey the app correctly showed that journey. During all this time, it was also showing my fuel level as 0%, even though the tank was about 25% full; again after yesterdays local journey the fuel level was shoeing correctly. 

Suggest you detail the issues to the support team in the MyT app. I think the more of us that complain about the instability of the trip recording the more likely that something will be sorted for everyone’s benefit.

In my case I see that two of the four today have appeared but after I reported the issue this morning. I think yesterdays has probably gone forever?

• Like 1

Now all four missing trips from today have appeared but not the missing one from yesterday.

30 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Now all four missing trips from today have appeared but not the missing one from yesterday.

My Wednesday afternoon trip is still AWOL too 🤨

It’s no comfort but it does seem to be a few people now who have had problems.

I lost all trip information about two weeks ago, the only thing done to the car was a new key was programmed but it was working straight after that.  The car is however still being shown as connected.

• Like 1

I really can not see that the key has anything to do with the loss of trip data. It seems to happen some what randomly as others on the forum can testify. It’s often the case that a number of people comment on losses at the same time so implies a possible server issue?

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 1:30 PM, ernieb said:

Interesting just opened the MyT app and as others have reported only have the Health Check and still thinks I need to book and complete the first service. But also shows my car is still at the dealers and has not been moved the 6 miles to my house?

UPDATE: talked to the tech at the garage and he said, probably a server issue happens all the time and that it’s nothing they have done.

The garage puts it into 'repair mode' so no data recorded for the duration. They should take it off again. The MyT app said this as unable to programme charging - it said it would come off after 24 hours. Sloppy isn't it.

So 'off piste' whilst in their charge - they forgot to turn off the dash cam though 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

I lost all trip information about two weeks ago, the only thing done to the car was a new key was programmed but it was working straight after that.  The car is however still being shown as connected.

It's not the key. It just happens randomly through a combination of poor software doing the data management and warehousing and ropey servers. Happens randomly which means it is a complexity issue with sloppiness.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ernieb said:

I really can not see that the key has anything to do with the loss of trip data. It seems to happen some what randomly as others on the forum can testify. It’s often the case that a number of people comment on losses at the same time so implies a possible server issue?

2 hours ago, Nick72 said:

It's not the key. It just happens randomly through a combination of poor software doing the data management and warehousing and ropey servers. Happens randomly which means it is a complexity issue with sloppiness.

I didn't think it was the key programming that was to blame and suspected it was a software problem.  I had expected it to suddenly reappear but after so long I am beginning to doubt it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hornet3D said:

I didn't think it was the key programming that was to blame and suspected it was a software problem.  I had expected it to suddenly reappear but after so long I am beginning to doubt it.

Could be that the app has just lost the plot if the car has been in maintenance mode but who knows. I've given up on relying on the app for my business mileage.

I don't use it for business mileage because our company uses a different system but, agree, it could never be relied on for that purpose, which is a shame.

Purely out of interest, I checked my odometer reading against what MyT has recorded as my total mileage since I got the car. Odometer reads 5917 miles, MyT has recorded 5328 miles. The car had about 20 miles on the clock when I picked it up. So I've lost about 580 miles, or 10% of my total mileage and data since owning it.

6 minutes ago, nlee said:

I don't use it for business mileage because our company uses a different system but, agree, it could never be relied on for that purpose, which is a shame.

Purely out of interest, I checked my odometer reading against what MyT has recorded as my total mileage since I got the car. Odometer reads 5917 miles, MyT has recorded 5328 miles. The car had about 20 miles on the clock when I picked it up. So I've lost about 580 miles, or 10% of my total mileage and data since owning it.

Why not use the A or B trip counter for business miles? or is that what you do.

11 minutes ago, nlee said:

Purely out of interest, I checked my odometer reading against what MyT has recorded as my total mileage since I got the car. Odometer reads 5917 miles, MyT has recorded 5328 miles.

I'm not sure that I'm following this ... MyT shows the odometer reading as the 'Mileage' - they match exactly and, I assume, the car is sending both the mileage and fuel level to Toyota for this to function. Either way both are correct even though some 'trips' are missing.

Are you adding up the distance travelled in each of the recorded trips? Or is this something else?

47 minutes ago, philip42h said:

I'm not sure that I'm following this ... MyT shows the odometer reading as the 'Mileage' - they match exactly and, I assume, the car is sending both the mileage and fuel level to Toyota for this to function. Either way both are correct even though some 'trips' are missing.

Are you adding up the distance travelled in each of the recorded trips? Or is this something else?

More or less exactly what you say. I'm taking the odometer reading from the app, that does match the in-car reading...Screenshot_20220527-093133.thumb.png.901832be102962fd5488455941096783.png

Then looking at the trip data, but looking at the yearly view which is basically adding up every individual recorded trip. As I've have car less than a year, this is everything...

Screenshot_20220527-093241.thumb.png.f5718f46bd7741a91c5821d60d83814d.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Why not use the A or B trip counter for business miles? or is that what you do.

No need. Our system links to Google Maps and uses recommend route rather than actual mileage. You just have to put the start, intermediate and finish location in and it inputs the miles. It's simple and saves faffing but you can lose out if you divert to avoid traffic or road closures. You can amend the route but you have to include an exception description if you do so I rarely bother unless it many miles out of my way.

1 hour ago, nlee said:

I checked mine this morning expecting a similar discrepancy but the difference is only 3 miles, not an issue. What I don’t understand it the missed trip on Wednesday was 6 miles so the app must be doing something different to yours. I also know I have lost a number of trips with which probably add up to hundreds of miles in the year I’ve now owned the car.