Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1st Service

ernieb

3 minutes ago, ernieb said:

I checked mine this morning expecting a similar discrepancy but the difference is only 3 miles, not an issue. What I don’t understand it the missed trip on Wednesday was 6 miles so the app must be doing something different to yours. I also know I have lost a number of trips with which probably add up to hundreds of miles in the year I’ve now owned the car.

Maybe your trips are missing from your view, but aren't actually missing in the overall data. I think the "missing" mileage on mine is mainly down to some of the longer trips I've done that have exceeded the 2000 event limit we've talked about before. Only speculating but could be one reason for the difference.

3 miles with no doubt a fair bit of rounding involved is very good. Better than I'd ever expect.

8 minutes ago, nlee said:

Maybe your trips are missing from your view, but aren't actually missing in the overall data. I think the "missing" mileage on mine is mainly down to some of the longer trips I've done that have exceeded the 2000 event limit we've talked about before. Only speculating but could be one reason for the difference.

3 miles with no doubt a fair bit of rounding involved is very good. Better than I'd ever expect.

That sounds about right to me currently my trips probably don’t exceed 150 miles. So your longer trips exceeding the 2000 event data limit probably account for some of the error. 
Even so I know that some of my missing trips would suggest to expect a much bigger discrepancy than I’ve got. Your approx 10% error is massive in comparison.

My Odometer shows 2011 miles and the app 1973 miles about 2% discrepancy which are probably the missing trips I've noticed. Still no sight of Wednesday afternoon's trip.

6 hours ago, ernieb said:

That sounds about right to me currently my trips probably don’t exceed 150 miles. So your longer trips exceeding the 2000 event data limit probably account for some of the error. 
Even so I know that some of my missing trips would suggest to expect a much bigger discrepancy than I’ve got. Your approx 10% error is massive in comparison.

Going off topic, but how long have your journeys been that exceed the 2000 data events? Reason I ask is just got back from holiday, and return UK leg was a 5+hr, ~250mile journey (I stopped in services, but left the "engine running" with other occupants, to keep climate control, so recorded as a single drive), which appears to have tracked correctly to the app...? 

12 minutes ago, Mike2222 said:

Going off topic, but how long have your journeys been that exceed the 2000 data events? Reason I ask is just got back from holiday, and return UK leg was a 5+hr, ~250mile journey (I stopped in services, but left the "engine running" with other occupants, to keep climate control, so recorded as a single drive), which appears to have tracked correctly to the app...? 

Apparently, some folk have exceeded the 2000 event limit in well under 3 hours. But the limit is 2000 events, so if you have an "uneventful" journey it could, potentially be many, many hours long. Events include EV on, EV off, hard acceleration and hard braking. But if you just cruise along in hybrid mode (after you've used up you PHEV EV range), the system will rarely switch-off the ICE - it will either be used to drive the wheels or generate electricity for later - so there will be relatively few EV related events ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, philip42h said:

Apparently, some folk have exceeded the 2000 event limit in well under 3 hours. But the limit is 2000 events, so if you have an "uneventful" journey it could, potentially be many, many hours long. Events include EV on, EV off, hard acceleration and hard braking. But if you just cruise along in hybrid mode (after you've used up you PHEV EV range), the system will rarely switch-off the ICE - it will either be used to drive the wheels or generate electricity for later - so there will be relatively few EV related events ...

What an arbitrary limit.

35 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

What an arbitrary limit.

More fuel to the fire 🔥 regarding the poor state of Toyota's connected services. The major problem for Toyota is that they record so much data in their Hybrid Training analysis. Think that it's a bridge too far and by no means a must have as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mike2222 said:

It can be as little as 90 miles and around 2.5 hours. I do quite a few journeys through mid Wales with winding roads, junctions and roundabouts and that really fills up the event limits. On motorway journeys it can be quite a bit further and longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

When at the dealership today I had a 'serious' chat with the Service Manager.

Asked him to explain why the recall letter is for XGG22 but it is recorded on the MyT app as WGG22 - if indeed they are one and the same.

He couldn't tell me.

Also asked why the app doesn't record the 10,000 mile service - only the Hybrid Health Check - he couldn't tell me. I sent him a screen shot of the MyT app so he could take it up with Toyota - we'll see.

Also told him that I couldn't programme charging for 24 hours after the service because it was left in repair mode - he is unaware of this so will look into it.

Also pointed out the errors in tyre identification and he says he has spoken with the Technician - you know the one - Cecil B. DeMille.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Asked him to explain why the recall letter is for XGG22 but it is recorded on the MyT app as WGG22 - if indeed they are one and the same.

He couldn't tell me.

Also asked why the app doesn't record the 10,000 mile service - only the Hybrid Health Check - he couldn't tell me. I sent him a screen shot of the MyT app so he could take it up with Toyota - we'll see.

Also told him that I couldn't programme charging for 24 hours after the service because it was left in repair mode - he is unaware of this so will look into it.

Also pointed out the errors in tyre identification and he says he has spoken with the Technician - you know the one - Cecil B. DeMille.

Oh that's poor showing from the dealer.

• Like 1

More or less the same response I got 🙈🙉🙊. However, I did get an email yesterday offering me a great deal on stock cars that are being delivered with discounts?

Sorry if this is off topic guys. 

I've only just bought an Auris, it said it had FSH but they gave me a service printout and not a book which I was expecting. I've found this blank book on fleebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195117347380 I'm new to toyota (after spending my youth hating on them). Is this version of the book suitable for my 2010 Auris?

Any help is appreciated guys.

Sorry if this is off topic guys. 

I've only just bought a Rav4, it said it had FSH but they gave me a service printout and not a book which I was expecting. I've found this blank book on fleebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195117347380 I'm new to toyota (after spending my youth hating on them). Is this version of the book suitable for my 2010 Auris?

Any help is appreciated guys.

Peter, I did not get a service book when I picked up the RAV a year ago. It’s all electronic with one advantage that any Toyota dealer can see the record.

20 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

He couldn't tell me.

Some recalls get assigned a temporary recall code, which gets changed when it becomes live. XGG22 is the brake actuator ECU re-programming. PM me your reg number and I will check for you, will also check service history