Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High rpm on neutral

Bobi11

My 2010 Toyota Auris 1.4 D4D 6-speed manual. It stays to 1000 rpm in neutral. It used to stay at 850-900 rpm but today it changed to 1000 rpms. It sometimes changes to normal 850-900 rpms but mostly stays at 1000. What can cause this and is it something to worry about ?

You had too many auxiliaries on, ac, light, radio, etc, so the car had to ramp up the idle to keep up with power demand.

Idle is not fixed, but adjusted by the engine based on what you turn on.

• Like 2

My first instinct is you have climate control with air-con and the air-con is now being used more which is making the revs go up to run it.

Dealing with this chronic problem in my car even though I changed the code: 23280-0N010 (spare valve part 80 euros +) after advice from the local dealer Touota of course, nothing changed at all. I have already changed the code: 00128 00116 (pump valve) The car whenever it smokes has high speeds without being able to determine the causes, and the kilometers on the dashboard are 190,000 Note that: pump, injectors and related components are tested and working normally Once you have raised the issue, any new information will be very helpful

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links