Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


odd noise when reversing. 


Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what that noise is when reversing in the corolla 1.8 and 2 litre 

thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If its in EV mode it will be the pedestrian acoustic warning noise which is louder in reverse. 

Sounds like a UFO / metal scraping noise. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does Corolla have the beep beep sound when reversing like Prius/Auris or these are only for cars with the joystick gear selector? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Does Corolla have the beep beep sound when reversing like Prius/Auris or these are only for cars with the joystick gear selector? 

No it doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It beeps *inside* the car, but not outside (Well, unless you have all your windows wound down :laugh: )

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

It beeps *inside* the car, but not outside (Well, unless you have all your windows wound down :laugh: )

 

So it’s beeps then. Same as Prius and Auris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, the same beep beep beep beepbeepbepebebebebebeeeBEEEEEEEE in any car with reversing sensors.

Outside the car is the UFO-with-the-handbrake-on sound

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

So it’s beeps then. Same as Prius and auris . 

No annoying reversing beep beep sound when selecting reverse like there was in the Auris. Only beeps when sensor detects close proximity to an object 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The noise I was referring to sounded more like a scraping metal sound on reverse only. The sound you may get when your brakes have worn out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

The noise I was referring to sounded more like a scraping metal sound on reverse only. The sound you may get when your brakes have worn out 

That was the first thing i noticed when i collected my new car. I then realised it was a sound to warn pedestrians there's a car near.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dee123456 said:

That was the first thing i noticed when i collected my new car. I then realised it was a sound to warn pedestrians there's a car near.

Thanks 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership