Do Not Sell My Personal Information

odd noise when reversing. 

fourbanks

Does anyone know what that noise is when reversing in the corolla 1.8 and 2 litre 

thanks 

If its in EV mode it will be the pedestrian acoustic warning noise which is louder in reverse. 

Sounds like a UFO / metal scraping noise. 

• Like 1

Does Corolla have the beep beep sound when reversing like Prius/Auris or these are only for cars with the joystick gear selector? 

10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Does Corolla have the beep beep sound when reversing like Prius/Auris or these are only for cars with the joystick gear selector? 

No it doesn't.

3 hours ago, dee123456 said:

No it doesn't.

Thanks. 👍

It beeps *inside* the car, but not outside (Well, unless you have all your windows wound down :laugh: )

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

It beeps *inside* the car, but not outside (Well, unless you have all your windows wound down :laugh: )

So it’s beeps then. Same as Prius and auris . 

Yeah, the same beep beep beep beepbeepbepebebebebebeeeBEEEEEEEE in any car with reversing sensors.

Outside the car is the UFO-with-the-handbrake-on sound

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

So it’s beeps then. Same as Prius and auris . 

No annoying reversing beep beep sound when selecting reverse like there was in the Auris. Only beeps when sensor detects close proximity to an object 

• Like 1

The noise I was referring to sounded more like a scraping metal sound on reverse only. The sound you may get when your brakes have worn out 

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

The noise I was referring to sounded more like a scraping metal sound on reverse only. The sound you may get when your brakes have worn out 

That was the first thing i noticed when i collected my new car. I then realised it was a sound to warn pedestrians there's a car near.

7 hours ago, dee123456 said:

That was the first thing i noticed when i collected my new car. I then realised it was a sound to warn pedestrians there's a car near.

Thanks 🙂